Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for Lowrance Elite 4 HDI

Hi guys,

I got a Lowrance Elite 4 HDI sonar unit for Christmas. What screen settings do you guys prefer best?
    I'm thinking I'll have the screen split with the map/gps and the overlay of the sonar/down imaging.

If you have any tricks or favorite settings for the unit, I'd love to hear them.
    I was also watching a youtube video where a guy downloaded a bunch of waypoints and fishing trails for free and loaded them onto his memory card.
    Does anyone know if such waypoint gps data is available for Rocky Gorge, Triadelphia, or places in Maryland?

Thanks a bunch,
    Tom

Settings for Lowrance Elite 4 HDI

I run mine with GPS, sonar and down imaging all on in the triple window split screen, with GPS getting 50%, and sonar and DI splitting the remainder.

There are not maps for Rocky Gorge or Tridelphia, as far as I know. Definitely not included with the Navonics pre-programmed chips.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Boo about no maps for Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia.
      I'll have to get mine powered up so I can begin messing with it.

Comment

I found Rocky Gorge and Tridelphia maps with soundings online, but I can't remember where. They were very similar to the NOAA charts for the bay. Can't load them into a GPS, but it was worthwhile for researching and planning trips.

Wish I had a link for you...but I can't seem to find it right now. The ones I found were very detailed, may have been on the WSSC website, I really wish I could remember.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've seen them too on some state of MD website.

Comment

check out the navionics + card. you can down load those 2 lakes on it

I am thinking about the navionics + card for my Elite 5 HDI as soon as they come back in stock at Calelas (I have gift cards) here is a video I found on the + card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_BG0OhyTF4

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              I found Rocky Gorge and Tridelphia maps with soundings online, but I can't remember where. They were very similar to the NOAA charts for the bay. Can't load them into a GPS, but it was worthwhile for researching and planning trips.

Wish I had a link for you...but I can't seem to find it right now. The ones I found were very detailed, may have been on the WSSC website, I really wish I could remember.
              Are these the ones you are talking about?

http://www.mgs.md.gov/coastal_geology/triadelphia.html
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                Are these the ones you are talking about?

http://www.mgs.md.gov/coastal_geology/triadelphia.html
                That looks like the ones. Keep in mind those depth soundings are in meters.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Thinking of picking up an elite 4x hdi soon. Debating if i should purchase the model that comes with just the 83/200 transducer or fork out the extra $30 or so for the model that comes with the 83/200 and 455/800 kHz transducer. Any thoughts?
                  Michael
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                  Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Working...
                  X