soft plastics storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft plastics storage

Hey guys just wondering how yall store your soft plastic bsits in your yak to keep them handy. I have tons of packages and I'm trYing to figure out a storage solution to keep them handy

In the original bags, then the bags in a watertight tackle tray, which goes in my crate with more trays full of other tackle.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

+1 on what pokey posted. I also carry some plastics on the rear of my kayak seat. The storage system is called Tacklewebs, INC. I saw them advertised on George poveromqs salt water show two years ago. The one I have is made especially for kayak seats. here is the link. http://tacklewebs.com/
      Scroll down 3/4 the page and you will see the uses on the vantage Kayak seats.

Comment

I have been using a bait binder like this to store my plastics and so far has worked well fingers crossed as I haven't had them out in the dog days of summer yet. The plastic is thick like the original so I think it will be ok.

Comment

I grapple with tackle storage and organization constantly. I fish out of my kayak, from docks and piers, and sometimes going on fishing hikes. I have two milkcrates full of plastic boxes that I am constantly rearranging. I still don't have a "perfect" system, but I keep trying. After a few beers I might even admit that I enjoy all the sorting and resorting.

I did just order a tackle binder for my spinnerbaits, if I like it I might move my soft plastics and jigs into them as well. That way I can just pull pages out depending on what I am targeting that day and how I am fishing.
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Ziploc containers, I can fit three that are 11" x 7" x 3" in my crate with enough room for three Plano boxes for hard baits.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

well if you're like me you have a lot of soft plastics. tired of running out of space, I bought a 2nd yak just for storing my baits. I tow it around the lake which gets kinda old, but at least I never run out of 10" Power worms.

Comment

+1 on the tackle binder ........if I ever get organized I'll have 1 for general and 1 for the specific target fish ....... Each velcroed to the rails on the PA

Comment

My winter plan is to fit my center hatch of my outback with a laundry basket and carry all my tackle in the center hatch which will leave my crate pretty much empty except for my lunch. Hoping to go BTB this year from OBX

Comment

I keep mine in original packages and carry them in a six pack soft cooler I got on sale at Wal-Mart for about $7.00. It has a pocket with flap in front where I keep leader material, a mesh pocket on each end to hold my hooks & weights and the top has a double zipper with a top pocket (sandwich?) Where I keep a bag or two of the baits being currently used. It will float for a while if you knock it overboard. I just grab the one bag and everything I need is right at hand. Cheap and efficient for me. I can easily get 20 bags of plastics in one. On my boat I had 4 of them for different types, but on the kayak I can make do with one. This isn'tn't exactly what I have but similar.
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunch-Cooler...item2a4a12cdb4
                    Last edited by bruce19365; 01-06-2015, 09:19 PM.
                    HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Originally posted by justacanoe View Post
                      well if you're like me you have a lot of soft plastics. tired of running out of space, I bought a 2nd yak just for storing my baits. I tow it around the lake which gets kinda old, but at least I never run out of 10" Power worms.
                      Lol
                      Mike

Comment

I Only buy baits in a couple colors.

White
                        Pumpkin
                        Watermelon
                        Chartruese
                        Black

I keep different profiles of the same color in a compartment of one Plano 3600 or 3700 box.

Usually I have these profiles on most baits: I don;t buy craws, tubes in white, or chartruese.

Tube
                        Senko
                        Fluke
                        Craw
                        Grub
                        Hurricane Skimmer 128
                        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I got tired of reaching around the back every time I needed a new plastic worm. I just keep them in their factory packages and toss 4 or 5 packages all the way forward in one of the footwells. As the water comes in through the footwell scuppers the bags float around up there. Sort of lazy, but works for me.

Comment

Here's the trays I use...I don't put any of the dividers in for the plastics, but they are nice to set up for different size hard baits with the customizable dividers.

http://www.planostoragesolutions.com...rage-case.aspx

Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-07-2015, 09:06 AM.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              Here's the trays I use...I don't put any of the dividers in for the plastics, but they are nice to set up for different size hard baits with the customizable dividers.

Yes, those water proof planos are great. I switched to those this season. I would get caught in a few downpours every year and then I would have open boxes scattered around my place while I was drying hard baits, jigs and terminal tackle (quite the mess).
                              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                              X