No announcement yet.

soft plastics storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tips guys. I have a ton of soft plastics for sure. Lots of sassy shads without packages I got off eBay as it seems there no lonher available local. (Did the company quit)

Comment

I have been looking at the waterproof Plano boxes for a while. I was going to go the other way and drill drain and air holes in my standard boxes to allow stuff to dry but then realized that would also help them sink faster when I inevitably drop one overboard.
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

A good topic for right now (not much else to do with how cold it is)

At home I use this to keep my gear sorted.

I have a drawer for hardbaits, in Plano boxes. As well as terminal tackle, and soft plastic

I keep plastics in their original packaging and keep them in these zippered pouches that came with a soft tackle box I got a while back.

I sort by species. And application. Topwater/bass plastics. Paddletails, Worms. Panfish lures, etc.

The only thing I don't put in the zippered pouches is gulp baits. These go in a Walmart dry box, and stay in my second fridge to keep fresh. (and keep everything else stink free)

When I go fishing I just grab whatever pouch I need. I never take more than will fit in my Plano marine storage box.

Usually I just take out individual packs when fishing, but sometimes I'll stuff the whole pouch behind my FF as shown in this photo

Probably way more info about tackle organization than you wanted or will even need. :-)
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I have a simular set of drawers that my fly tying supplies are in...it's full too. LOL
          Originally posted by jhoss View Post
          A good topic for right now (not much else to do with how cold it is)

At home I use this to keep my gear sorted.

Probably way more info about tackle organization than you wanted or will even need. :-)
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Been experimenting with a new storage system to get all my tackle on the water....here is a proto-type
            drum.jpg
            Admittedly, there are some kinks to work out..................
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

You are gonna want put a blanket over that keg or your beer is going to get hot in a hurry.
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Lol I could probably fill that drum. I like the watertight containers

Comment

Working...
                X