No announcement yet.

February meet and greet saturday 2/21/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see, 31 degree water or ice, 31 degree day time air temps with wind chills, = No YP fishing the susky on the 21th, the next weekend looks a bit more promising.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
      Between now and next Saturday, the forecast has it staying below freezing with several nights in the single digits. I have a really hard time believing that there is going to be open water for kayak fishing. How seriously would you all consider ice fishing? I've never done it before, but may be interested in giving it a go if we had a group out there. Do you think the ice would be thick enough to do this?
      The ice may be thick enough out on the flats/ in the north east river but I don't know how much I'd trust the ice in perryville. This is of course complete speculation. I just know that that area tends to freeze last so I assume it is the thinnest ice.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

yea that susky ice down there is too sketch. My buddies ice fished in front of northeast town park a couple times last year and caught some perch and bass but nothing amazing. I was out again all day Saturday trying to ice a ski but failed again. Did take home another nice grip of perch for the fryer. The ice is 10"+ and a real pain to drill through. Who knows how thick it will be by next weekend. I'm probablyyyyy not gonna drive 2 hours south to perch fish next weekend when I can just hit this lake 30 mins away

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
          ...The ice is 10"+ and a real pain to drill through.
          auger.jpg
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

They are calling for 3-6" of snow tomorrow night!!
            Michael
            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
            Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

And the models are tending farther north, so easily could be double that...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

FEBRUARY MEET AND GREET CANCELLED!!!

FEBRUARY MEET AND GREET CANCELLED!!! (Lunch is also cancelled.)

Thank you everyone for showing interest in attending the February Meet and Greet. Every body of water that I have seen is either freezing or is frozen. The Susquehanna is no exception. Weather forecasts are continuing with sub freezing temperatures throughout the week. Just wasn't meant to be!

Hopefully the following weeks will show more favorable conditions and we could have an informal M&G. I will post something on the forum if the opportunity arises.
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Good call, best to be safe....scooting my kayak on top of ice, then drilling thru ice, could be quite a task.

Comment

Working...
                  X