Pro Qualifier Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Qualifier Reels

ok guys we all know the spring fishing classic has started and that means sales. i need a new baitcaster for both mixed fresh and salt. i had an older rick clunn bass pro reel that bit the dust. anyone ever use new pro qualifiers? i can get one basically free with all of my rewards points.

Have two of those and thought they were great until I tried Revo MGX ($350) from a friend. Most bait casters costing at least $150 will cast a lot farther than those $100 Pro Qualifier reels. As the saying goes, you get what you paid for.
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I don't use low pro bait casters often, mainly use my abu garcia c3 reels and shimano cardiffs. Im a round reel kind of guy however feel like i need to keep a low pro in the mix up. like i said my older reel crapped out. it supposedly according to bass pro sales people when i bought it had a lifetime guarantee so it just went back to Missouri so we shall see what happens. I was just thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a reel on sale in case their customer service crapped out i essentially wouldn't miss out. Essentially I'm not a pro but I dont want junk. I really like the Ora inshore and the Aird Inshore (Aird feels amazing in the palm) but they are up there for me.

The casting rod that i have to use is and older 6'6" medium action tourney special rod. i believe it is im7. not sure as I have had i as long as the other reel

Comment

I like my Shimano Curado. If you can get one, that's what I'd suggest.

Comment

The curado is a big chunk o change too

Comment

Curado I series is $179
            Curado E is $249

If you can basically get a pro qual for free, that same amount would make a nice deal on a Curado. I picked up a G6 and love it. Was never much of a low profile bait cast guy until then.

Comment

Maybe consider revo s or revo sx. I have both of those and they are not a whole lot more than the bps special. Maybe an older curado off ebay if you can find one in good shape, from what I hear the new ones are not nearly as good as the old ones.

Comment

The revo sx is nice but it's $159. The pro qualifier is on sale for $49 so that's really why I figured I'd ask.

Comment

I've never used a Pro Qualifier, but being a Bass Pro item, if you don't like it you can always return it. Skim through the hundreds of reviews and see if there was any recurring problems.

Comment

picked up two pro qualifiers today. i want to start getting into baitcasters so i figured this would be a great place to start
                    Michael
                    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

If you compare the specs of the abu revo SX and BPS pro qualifier there's a lot of similarities as well as appearance besides colors. I did some research online and looks like they might be made by the same manufacture but. Couldn't confirm it. For $49 bucks it's seems like a solid reel for the money. You can buy two for same price as revo S. Put it on a carbon lite BPS rod for $59 and that's a solid setup for $100.00 or say 50% off normal.
                      Last edited by Widgeon; 02-06-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Where did you find that rod for $59?

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
                          Where did you find that rod for $59?
                          do tell....I'll take 3
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Best reel at the 100$ range. Had 3 for 4 years
                            Zach Moore
                            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                            Bait Towel Pro Staff
                            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

+1 for 59.00

Comment

Working...
                              X