Can't Logon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Logon

still can't logon from work or home. The server that serves Fallston and Glen Arm still has a virus. Viewing from IPhone. I know others are having same problem. Its been weeks any update?
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Surf City, NC

I did some research as I have the same problem. The hack exploits something in the vBulletin hosting system and has to be removed by the forum administrator. I did find on my IPad that typing snaggedline.com and using that link bypasses whatever the hack uses. Haven't found a workaround on my Windows machine except to keep trying and it will eventually let me in. Shame we have to deal with stuff like this- do they really think I'm going to visit their redirect site?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

we are looking into this and apologize for any inconvenience. taking longer since we haven't been able to simulate the problem.
      sigpic

Comment

My ipad takes me to something, then to myflies, then to, oh my virgin eyes and I hit the google icon. lol then I hit the snaggedline link again and it lets me go to the site.

Comment

Can you guys give me some more details on where its trying to redirect you and whats happening? I'm not able to replicate the problem on any of my computers.

thx
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I've applied the latest security patch. Let me know if that helped or if you are still experiencing problems.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Still doesn't direct me to the site from work or home.
              Glenn
              Surf City, NC

Comment

Are using the same computer from Work and Home ? That could be a DNS virus if you are..

http://www.cox.com/residential/suppo...6-000000000000

Do you know how to use the CMD command and Tracert ?

If you don't.... for Windows... (not Mac.. somebody will have to explain a Mac if they are using one)

Click the Start Button on your Desktop...
                ---> in the box type cmd
                a black box will pop up....

---> type in tracert snaggedline.com hit enter.. this will produce something like this...
                You can do a snap shot like I did... or copy the raw data...

In the black box like the one above....

---> Right Click ----> select "Mark" and then hit "Enter"

Hitting "Enter" copies the information that you "Marked".... you can then post the raw data here.

I haven't heard about any major DNS virus lately... but then again I haven't been looking.

Maybe... just maybe... you might have problems with your hosting companies DNS servers.... you can use an Open Source DNS server...
                Like Google's DNS ...... that you would put in your router.
                Here's the Google article that explains it...
                https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using

Obviously copy what is in your router before you change anything... and if you are inexperienced with changing your router settings.... I guess just leave it alone.

Good luck...
                Last edited by rob-kayak; 02-10-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Glenn, can you pls give me a call. 240-418-5147
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Two different computers. I'll contunue to use my iphone, and then see if i can Find some to help who is more computer savoy. Thanks.
                    Glenn
                    Surf City, NC

Comment

For the past 2 weeks, as i long on from my Galaxy s4. The page gets redirected to adult friend finder-(showing nude pics). its happened maybe 3 times. Today being the latest at around 12pm.

I haven't been logging in because of it.- from my phone.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

This is what I get ^^^^^^^^^ then I go out of it and retry and get on site. I have a mini ipad
                          image.jpg

Comment

JET,

I can login in now. NO VIRUS. Thanks for getting this resolved.

Glenn
                            Glenn
                            Surf City, NC

Comment

Problem should be fixed. Took a while to figure it out but everything should be secure now.

thx
                              Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X