new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy

just wanted to introduce myself . my name is keith im 43 years old and live on kent island . i have been a hardcore tournament bass fisherman for 25+ years with a little salt mixed in . i just got a west marine pampano 120 ( old wilderness tarpon mold ) . i didnt know what kayak fishing was all about but since getting my kayak and researching , shopping for equipment and finding this site among others im blown away . i wanted something to fish from while the bassboat was sleeping for the winter but now im wondering if i should sell the bassboat . i drive across the baybridge everyday and i use to laugh at you nuts bobbing in the middle of the bay in your little kayak , now i cant wait to for the weather to break to join you .i have been out 4 times since getting the kayak and i absolutely love fishing this way . no oil , no gas , no scratching up the gelcoat , no towing , no boat ramp needed , no maintenance etc etc etc . the versatility of a kayak is amazing , from fresh to salt to marsh to stream it goes everywhere .the kayak tournaments look very interesting and many take place in my backyard . i also see you kayak guys are a tight friendly group and volunteer alot of information among each other . my bassfishing buddies are like C.I.A. agents , everything is top secret . i already plastered my yak with stickers so i look like a professional , maybe i can trick someone into thinking i know what im doing lol . sorry for the being long winded with my first post but i really like your site and look forward to fishing with you all this coming season . come on spring !!!!!!!!!!!
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2014 Jackson Kilroy

Welcome aboard You hit it right on the head. There is always somebody going somewhere and they don't mind helping a fellow yaker catch fish. Check out the Meet & Greet schedule on the forms usually second Tuesday of the month is a planed get together. Hope to see you on the water.DSCN0408.jpg I do some land fishing also.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Hi Keith, and welcome to the site. All kinds of information and nice people here to fish with. I think I might sell my boat too, since learning about kayak fishing. It is addictive!
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Welcome aboard Keith! Take all those bass tactics and use them catching stripers...they are much tastier ��
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Welcome to Snaggedline, Keith.

I often head east on the bridge to launch my kayak from your island.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome Keith, although I have been kayaking for a couple of years now I have decided to try fishing from it. Everyone here has been helpful, and friendly. Hope to see you at the Meet and Greet in April.
            Joe
            Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
              Welcome aboard You hit it right on the head. There is always somebody going somewhere and they don't mind helping a fellow yaker catch fish. Check out the Meet & Greet schedule on the forms usually second Tuesday of the month is a planed get together. Hope to see you on the water.[ATTACH=CONFIG]14805[/ATTACH] I do some land fishing also.
              ....... I think it's the second Saturday each month

Comment

....... Welcome aboard ......... Yeah ...... Lots of guys laugh at the guys in the plastic buckets until they see them catching and having a blast ......... Then they sell the boats and buy a bucket.

Comment

Haha @ nuts bobbing in the water.

Welcome, I'm in Annapolis and always looking for somewhere and someone to fish with. Largemouth, snakeheads, and catfish are my targets. I'm new to kayaking myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                  Tarpon 120
                  Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                  25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                  Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Welcome Keith I used to one of nuts with a boat until I came to my senses. 15 years ago I starting fishing from a yak and haven't looked back. If you want to fish in VA shoot me a pm. I will show you all the places you couldn't fish from your boat.

Comment

Welcome! I sold my boat years ago....my kayak cost way more anyway :-) I'll see you out there some time.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Welcome to Snaggedline!
                        Mike

Comment

Ahhhhh, we Snagged another one, Welcome to the site.
                          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Welcome bro! This is the place for good people and good info
                            -Mustafa
                            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Welcome aboard to this addiction they call "Kayak Fishing". Look forward to seeing you out there.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X