Dreaming of summer......trip ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming of summer......trip ideas

Since it's so brutally cold out, I have been trying to satisfy my fishing urge by thinking about some new trips and spots I'd like to try this year. I've always wanted to kayak and fish the upper choptank for largemouth. As a kid, I grew up bottom fishing at Martinak State Park in Denton. They would frequently hold bass tournaments and I would always watch in awe as the bass boats came trolling by. I've never actually tried to bass fish here on purpose, but as a kid caught a few nice ones on nightcrawlers. I hear its not real great but I'd still like to give it a go. Has anyone fished the river lately like around Greensboro and if so, how did you do and where are good put ins and take outs for a kayak?

I grew up in Denton. Any public ramp is a good place to launch a yak. It's all small water. There is one in downtown Denton under the bridge going into town (by the court house) that gives you access to the Choptank. There is another off rt. 328 (Denton-Easton Road) that gives you access to the Tuckahoe. Martinak state park also has a launch. There is another at Tuckahoe State Park which give you access to Course's Mill Pond. I know a few guys on this forum bass fish there and have success. When the perch begin running in April, many people target them behind the carnival grounds in Greensboro. I believe there is a little park where you can launch from across the street from the carnival grounds. I am not a bass fisherman so I cant tell you how thick or thin they are. Maybe others can weigh in on that front.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
    X