Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenbury Point public water access comments due Friday February 27 2015

Good morning,

Sorry for the late notice. Please email your comments in support of public water access at Greenbury Point by tomorrow, 2/27/15. Greenbury Point is the Navy facility where the Severn meets the Chesapeake Bay across from Annapolis. There is great potential for kayak launching on Mill Creek (Reach F and Reach G) and Carr Creek (Reach D1). There's a 5 year restoration of 5 miles of Greenbury shoreline and we want public water access included in the gazillion dollar project. Email your comments to: Anna Lubetski anna.lubetski@navy.mil

The government did NOT post the request for public comments online so we put it up here:

http://www.aacwt.org/kayak/aawt/aawt...t%26autoframed

Look at page 4 of the pdf/page 3 of the document for a handy map.

If you look under News on the http://www.aacwt.org you'll find talking points and letters of support from National Park Service Chesapeake Bay, EPA, CPA and whoever else has sent theirs in.

I'm going to write in my role as chair of the Water Trail Committee and ask for soft launches on Carr Creek on Reach D1 and Mill Creek on Reach G and Reach F.

In your email, please include:

+Your interest in the water and how you use water access: fish, go out with your kids, your dog

+Why you want public water access at Greenbury Point

+First and last names and snail mail address so they know you are a real person

I've attached photos of our Greenbury recon hike.

Thanks!

Lisa

Reach F Old Boat Ramp.jpg Reach F Beach to Right of Boat Ramp.jpg Reach F Gazebo Beach Close To Possum Point.jpg [Reach D1 Carr Creek-001.JPG Reach D1 Carr Creek Hike-001.jpg

Lisa,

Again, thank you for your efforts.

I am very familiar with Greenbury Point and together with several others on this site have enjoyed the excellent fishing that area offers all the way to Possum Point and beyond.

Greenbury is a long trek from Jonas Green. Launch sites from Carr Creek would shorten our trips to proven fishing spots.

Ideally I would prefer launch sites from Reach C or Reach B for access to Greenbury.

Reach F would be great for access to Whitehall Bay and Hackett Point.

But any and all access in the area would be welcome.

I will write to Ms. Lubetski saying so.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
    X