SOMD Fishing Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMD Fishing Open?

Just curious if any knows if there are any open fishing lanes in Southern Maryland? I haven't been out in a few weeks because of all of the ice on the lakes and creeks and I was wondering if anyone has any intel on creeks that may be fish-able in Calvert, St. Mary's, or St. Charles? I was hoping it would be a little warmer today but I think this cold snap has probably made most places impossible to fish. I'm sure the melting snow won't help fishing much either. Just looking for some educated opinions for killing the winter blues. Thank in advance all and I look forward to seeing you all out on the creeks, rivers, and bay waters soon. I just may have to try sledding in the Pro Angler with the kids today instead .
    Live for today, and fish often...
    2014 Pro Angler 14
    St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Ictalarus and I will be on the great search for open water trek tomorrow....Only place I am pretty sure is open (and might have fish) is under the 301 bridge...parking at Aqua land and fishing in front of the powerplant.
    We'll be on a multi-site recon trip or i'd invite you along.....but please plan on fishing the meet and great next weekend. We are gonna find some fish and have a good time then!!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I'm also going to head out and check a few spots. I'll report back later, have a great hunt.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
      2014 Pro Angler 14

Comment

Ended up on patuxant again down stream from jug bay.....total skunkage for me. Ictaalarus snagged a micro perch

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Yeah, I punted today, I was hoping to hit the Patuxent River for white perch but I could find bait and the winds were higher than predicted. My creek was still frozen over this morning. I think the big melt wasn't going to help fishing conditions either. Next weekend fishing conditions should be terrific. I think we can start putting this winter in our six.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
          2014 Pro Angler 14

Comment

I went down to the 301 today and the ice was up against the bank on the md side. I saw one kayaker looking for a spot to launch but the shore was covered with ice. while I was there I saw a boat cutting through the ice to make it back the the ramp. If you guys want to fish the 301 the Virginia side is clear of all ice nowhere to be seen except for a few small patches near the middle of the river and the power plant outlet is covered with ice.

Comment

Working...
            X