I cant wait to use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant wait to use...

So at the end of last year I "downgraded" from a pro angler to a Jackson Cuda 12 that has yet to get wet. I managed to buy so much new gear over the winter that I cant wait to use and some I have yet to install. I let a little bit to much gear go with the sale of the Hobie so it was like starting from scratch. In no particular order these are all the new things I bought that I cannot wait to use!

The Cuda 12 itself
    BB Angler Pro paddle (no more feet power )
    Lowarance elite 4 HDI
    silent traction padding(installed already)
    Lowrance transducer scupper mount
    Yak Attack Panfish portrait
    New fish grips
    Merrell Maipo water shoes
    Frogg toggs breathable waders
    NRS Chinook
    Sea to summit paddle leash
    2 new ACK rod leashes
    Rhino Rack roof rack and cradles (sadly got rid of my tundra so I had to start my transport method from scratch)

What about you guys, anything you are looking forward to trying out and using?

Oh and I forgot to mention, all the techniques and tactics I learned from reading Yak Fish's awesome book

Comment

Wow, so many new toys to try out.

I bought a new Elite 5 HDI this year and couldnt wait to try it out. Hell, I counted the days for a month knowing when I would go to BPS to get the thing on sale. Then it got super cold and I couldnt even play around with it. It was great getting out with it Sunday!
      Mike

Comment

I wish I had held out and got the Elite 5 HDI for the slightly larger screen but I survived with my elite 4 just fine so the HDI will do the trick.

Comment

I love the enthusiasm people have here to get out and fish. I can see it building in all of us to get out there with tight lines.
          I recently bought a Bass Pro Shop bait caster combo for $79. Because I lost the last $250 baitcaster Rod reel combo in the Severn River, I swore I would never spend that much money on something I would use on the kayak, so I am am looking forward to breaking in my new baitcaster.
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Let us know how you like the bait caster. I saw that sale, but didn't bite.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I don't have much as far as new gear, a few new lures. I did get some more plano boxes to be more organized. I guess I would say I'm excited to get back out and try some new techniques and approaches to fishing. Ready to get swinging!
              WS ATAK

Comment

i picked up a used tarpon 120 a few months ago and have yet to try it. looking forward to going out this sunday if the reservoirs are free of ice.
                also installed a lowrance elite 5 hdi that i have yet to use. i am new to baitcasters and picked up the pro qualifier on sale at BPS and am looking forward to using that as well!
                Michael
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

I have not purchased anything kayak fishing related since last fall. I think I am about to finally install the rectangular hatch on my outback and can't wait to try that out. Also still need to install my lowrance and an anchor trolley. Looking forward to getting back on the water.

Comment

Almost forgot...I got a gopro 4 as a gift and definitely looking forward to trying it out on the water.

Comment

dtandrade,
                      I'm a new member and am planning on buying a kayak this year sometime (currently fish from a johnboat). I'm trying to decide between foot power and paddle power. Why did you switch from a foot paddle boat to a traditional paddle power only?

thanks

Severn Gary

Comment

I have the bb angler pro with my cuda 14 and it an awesome paddle

Comment

Originally posted by Severn Gary View Post
                          dtandrade,
                          I'm a new member and am planning on buying a kayak this year sometime (currently fish from a johnboat). I'm trying to decide between foot power and paddle power. Why did you switch from a foot paddle boat to a traditional paddle power only?

thanks

Severn Gary
                          The main reason is I sold my truck and ended up getting a car with a roof rack, the weight of the Hobie PA along with the space it takes up wouldnt allow me to transport my fiances kayak and mine. I dont know if its just me but I also just enjoyed paddling more then peddling, peddling has advantages especially if you troll as much as I do but I caught just as many fish trolling when paddling. Paddling just makes me feel like I am actually "kayak" fishing also (nothing personal to the peddlers ).

Comment

Dtandrade: I'm wondering why you decided to "downgrade" from a foot pedal type kayak to a paddle type. I'm new to the forum, and am planning on buying a fishing kayak, and am trying to decide between foot power and paddle power. I assume most folks go from paddle to foot because of cost; looks like you went the other way. Why was that?

Thanks,

Severn Gary

Comment

See my post above

Comment

Working...
                              X