Rod Holder for Trolling Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
    so i noticed that you can also purchase a harmony slidetrax mounting plate that lets you use it on a gear trac and still use the scotty base on top of that instead of having to purchase a gear head track adapter. is this just a personal preference thing? or is one method more secure than the other?

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...ing-Plate.html
    The Scotty track adapters tighten down to be much more secure than I had initially thought. The plates would definitely be more secure simply by having two anchor points into the track, however they would also be bulkier and take more time to install/remove if you do not keep them on during transport. The length of track you have available would also have to be a deciding factor. The plates probably wouldnt fit on a 4" track section.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      Yak Fish uses Scotty mounts and rod holders and I think they are on gear tracks. Scotty mounts use 2 t bolts to make it very secure. They will not move regardless of the fish. The gear tracks are sturdier than the ones built in to the different kayaks
      I use Scotty holders but I don't use the gear tracks. I've got them bolted straight to the hull where I want them. Nothing against gear tracks, I just didn't need them.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
        I use Scotty holders but I don't use the gear tracks. I've got them bolted straight to the hull where I want them. Nothing against gear tracks, I just didn't need them.
        Here's a shot where you can see my setup
        https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=3&theater

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...