Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Interested in Extreme Kayak Fishing in July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just followed up with DPS about the tuna trips in July. Right now there are only 4 people signed up for the trip on the 28th, including myself, and nobody any other day offered. We need at least 6 to make the trip and keep the fee $380.00 each, so sign up!
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Got my call from Chris Yesterday, Seems the July 14 trip I booked is on for next week. I am pumped and can't wait to get out in the big blue. Gona be a longggggggggggggggg day. More to come. Come one Mother give us some good weather. Even made a Hawaiian kill spear.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
        Got my call from Chris Yesterday, Seems the July 14 trip I booked is on for next week. I am pumped and can't wait to get out in the big blue. Gona be a longggggggggggggggg day. More to come. Come one Mother give us some good weather. Even made a Hawaiian kill spear.
        I just talked to Chris today and he gave us the impression nobody else was interested any other day. Do you know how many people are booked for the 14th? I might move my trip up to avoid missing out entirely.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Contact Chris, it was my understanding the trip is on for July 14, So I am assuming he has the number needed. I also think this is the one he is going on. Ill be heading down Friday and staying through next week.
          Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I forgot about this. I hope the weather works out for you to go.

Upon return we expect a full report with lots of pretty pictures of fish! Goodluck!
            Brian

Comment

Looking forward to the pics and count me in for 2016
              Michael
              Washington, DC
              2015 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                I forgot about this. I hope the weather works out for you to go.

Upon return we expect a full report with lots of pretty pictures of fish! Goodluck!
                Taking the Go Pro and waterproof IPhone, So if there is action or not, there will at least be something to see. Pray for calm seas.
                Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

best of luck! i'll probably be in next date scheduled, unfortunately cant next week. be careful with the sharks, scary as $%^& when they are as big as the kayak.

here's a thread with some video when a few of us when out last year

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-Hatteras-2-22
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd be interested in going out in August; will be out of town for work the rest of July.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the thread, that is awesome, definitely an experience for a life time. Hard to believe that was in Feb, so cool.
                      Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I wish this trip was tomorrow. Not sure I can make it til Tuesday. Long range forecasts I've been looking at don't look that great but there's still a lot of time for that to change.
                        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Trip Canceled due to predicted 15-25 k winds and increasing 4-7 foot waves. Bummer.
                          Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                            Trip Canceled due to predicted 15-25 k winds and increasing 4-7 foot waves. Bummer.
                            sign up for the 27th, I think Chris said we have 5 now, only need 1 more.
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Went on this trip yesterday and it was a pretty good time although the fish seemed to be scattered throughout the massive fleet of boats. I think the final tally for the group was one keeper YF about 35 lbs, a 5 lbish mahi, 2 short YFs, a couple skipjacks and some blues. It was pretty cool to be out that far offshore and we got really lucky with almost flat conditions. There was just a gentle swell with a long interval.

I managed to hook one yellowfin that took some blazing runs and reminded me of how false albacore fight. I thought I got the whole thing on my gopro but sadly it was the ONE video I took all day where my lense was fogged AND the video cut out in the middle. Some people didn't have it so easy as there was a turtling incident which cost the angler a gopro, rod/reel and a vantage seat along with pretty much everything else in the boat except the mirage drive. Speaking of mirage drives, one of those went to the bottom of the ocean too when my buddy pulled his drive to get a skipjack untangled from the fins only to have it slip through his hands and over the side of the yak. There were a lot of lessons learned on this trip but leash it or lose it was #1.

The captain, mate and rest of the crew were real cool to fish with and I would definitely do a trip like this again. Thanks to DPS for putting this together

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Some pics

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X