Ocean kayak trident series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean kayak trident series?

Hello everyone, let me start by saying im new to kayak fishing but not new to this site. I have been a member on this site for a little while but never posted because I didnt have a kayak until now and at this point I have a dilemma that only you experienced yakers can help me with? Ok recently got a great deal on a 2013 ok trident 13 got it home and realized I had a real storage issue, I really didnt take the time to think about the storage to much (rookie mistake) because I just love that particular boat! I am now considering going down to the trident 11 instead but I do want to fish the chesapeake bay really bad as soon as I get the hang of things and not until then. What I want to know is if I go down to the trident 11 will I still be able to safely fish the cbbt or the ship wrecks with little issues on decent days?
    Croaker D

Orange Camo OK Trident 13

Green Camo Oldtown Predator PDL

what kind of issues are you having in terms of storage? do you have a garage you can put your kayak? or maybe under a deck?
    i dont know much about the trident 11. most people i see have the trident 13. a longer boat will definitely help when you are out in open water.
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Dick's sells a nice hoisting kit for $30, I just bought two of them. With some minor modifications you should be able to get your boat within a 1' of the ceiling which should still leave plenty of room for most vehicles in your average garage.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Wish I knew how to post picks but I don't have a garage but I do have a huge car port! And I have a storage in my yard! In the storage where I would like to keep it is just a tad to small! And if I leave it to in the car port I guess I would just have to chain it up! I am new to my neighborhood and don't know any of my neighbors just yet so I'm skeptical about the car port. But in the storage I know for sure it will be safe!
        Croaker D

Comment

If it was me I'd figure out the storage issue and not worry about the kayak.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
            If it was me I'd figure out the storage issue and not worry about the kayak.

+1
            Trident 13 is a good boat.

Comment

I use these storage bags for the kayaks I store outside and run a chain through the scupper and out the end of the bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Dallas-Mfg-Co-...ak+storage+bag
              Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
              Predator 13

Comment

If you have a carport get a kayak hoist and hoist away. I store my yak on a rack attached to my fence outback.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                  I use these storage bags for the kayaks I store outside and run a chain through the scupper and out the end of the bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Dallas-Mfg-Co-...ak+storage+bag
                  You don't have heat issues with the bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                    I store my yak on a rack attached to my fence outback.
                    Same here for both of mine. I used to put a cover over it, but got tired of doing that and the cover I got started going bad after a couple years of use...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Get a good cable or chain and run it threw the scupper holes and lock it to something solid.
                      I do that when I am traveling it's locked to the truck.

Comment

So many great ideas! But for some reason I just want to use my storage that would hold about a 12' 5" boat comfortably and not spend anymore money that I dont have to! Anyone with experience with the trident 11'? Will 2' really restrict me that much? I know the boat is alot wider and slower but could it handle the bay?
                        Croaker D

Comment

The boat you currently own is a better boat for the bay
                          2015 Hobie Outback
                          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Never had a heat issue. I have several kayaks and all of them get zipped up.
                            Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
                            Predator 13

Comment

I have a Trident 11, it was my first boat , and I have moved up to the Trident Ultra 4.3, big difference on the water, probably a better ride then the Trident 13, just glides along. That said my son-in-law has my Trident 11, he is right there with us in the Jamaica bay chop, Susky flats wind/ chop last year, and Cape May inlet. I am actually looking for either a Trident 11 or Ultra 4.1(if possible) right now for a second ride. You got an awesome boat, putting thinks at an angle might look odd but they fit, covered carport with a chain through the scuppers should be good. I would stick with the 13' boat. What kind of kayaker are you , how big is the living room, just stuff it in the front door!....Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X