Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snaggedline is the best forum

https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=1&theater

I am so tired of people putting up useful fishing reports on pretty much every other forum and getting slammed for:

Not enough detail,
    Too much detail,
    Telling a location,
    Having a landmark in the background,
    Asking questions,
    Catching fish,
    ....the only thing that people want to hear is that you went somewhere and caught no fish. It's kind of outrageous. For whatever reason, I guess kayakers are classier. I'm sticking with that.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

+1

Comment

As a whole this place has been the most welcoming. From lending anything from information to kayaks. We have a great group of guys and girls here!
      Tan-Tarpon 140
      Lime-Pelican Matrix
      Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

This is a great forum, with almost no restrictions, with topics that we are enjoy reading to enhance our passion. I too get sick of all the restrictions on other sites.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I agree. Snaggedline is by far my favorite forum. Although there are a few other kayak fishing fourms that I enjoy that are just as civil. I guess that plays to Alan's final point though.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Kayakers are more friendly than boaters. Kayakers are also less likely to be drunk, high, on the water. This website and the people here are great.

Comment

+1
              Mike

Comment

+2

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  Kayakers are more friendly than boaters. Kayakers are also less likely to be drunk, high, on the water. This website and the people here are great.
                  Read this and thought, how would one negotiate the water in a kayak when intoxicated. Almost scary to think about.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                    https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=1&theater

I am so tired of people putting up useful fishing reports on pretty much every other forum and getting slammed for:

Not enough detail,
                    Too much detail,
                    Telling a location,
                    Having a landmark in the background,
                    Asking questions,
                    Catching fish,
                    ....the only thing that people want to hear is that you went somewhere and caught no fish. It's kind of outrageous. For whatever reason, I guess kayakers are classier. I'm sticking with that.
                    I gave up on "that" forum immediately after you were getting tossed around with all the negativity. I'm amazed how many "world class" fisherman are on the site...Tidal Fish part Deux.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                      Read this and thought, how would one negotiate the water in a kayak when intoxicated. Almost scary to think about.
                      I have met some recreational kayakers who seem to do just fine with both. In nice conditions I bring a single 22oz can of beer with me so that if the fish aren't biting I can at least anchor up somewhere pretty and drink a beer. Plus a two mile paddle back burns off the calories so I still end up with a little workout for the day
                      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I have been very impressed with everyone I have met on this forum, as an outsider (not from Maryland) everyone has been very polite and inviting since i moved here this past August. In a sport like fishing if your not a local or someone that has been friends since high school people generally don't want to take you fishing with them, but i continuously log on here and see open invitations to go fishing, or reports of the area where someone was fishing and catching fish and even what lure they where using. Stay classy Snaggedline
                        Travis
                        Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                        Orange Old Town NEXT
                        USN

Comment

Thanks for the service Travis. USN '78 to '84, had I known at 17 that 20 years was a mere blink of an eye I would have stayed in. Best time of my life. (Don't tell my wife that).
                          Joe
                          Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160

Comment

Thank you, I just reenlisted for another 6 years so I'm in for the long haul.
                            Travis
                            Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                            Orange Old Town NEXT
                            USN

Comment

Working...
                            X