Monday ft. Smallwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ft. Smallwood

Looking to go out Monday morning, assuming no high winds, rain, etc. will be launching around 7:30 am.
    All welcome.

We were out there on Tuesday 04/07/15 and it was on fire!!! Best day of fishing I've ever had. Hope you guys get em.
    John D.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    GO RAVENS!!!
    GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

John,

What were you guys using that day?

Comment

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
        We were out there on Tuesday 04/07/15 and it was on fire!!! Best day of fishing I've ever had. Hope you guys get em.
        What was the biggest John? It sounded like these were schoolies? Which is cool, but with bigger fish in town....well, you know :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

cryptotek - The majority of fish were caught on 2 styles of baits, primarily trolling:
          4" paddletails on 3/8 to 1/2oz jigheads. I was using Pearl/White type colors, but, I don't know if it really mattered.
          4" shallow running jerkbaits (rapala x-rap xr10, etc.)
          We were fishing shallow. Water temps 48-50deg.
          Caught my personal best 38" striper on a old Pflueger Twitch-n-Minnow (floating 4" chrome/black jerkbait) that I got for a buck out of the BPS bargain bin years ago.
          John D.
          2015 Hobie Revolution 13
          GO RAVENS!!!
          GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Awesome, John! Congrats. That's similar to what I've been using.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              What was the biggest John? It sounded like these were schoolies? Which is cool, but with bigger fish in town....well, you know :-)
              Alan read our report from 4/6 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...616-Monday-4-6
              They were mostly 16-20's. But we're fun. We fished mainly between beach launch and the white rocks formation in the Patapsco.

Harry

Comment

Alan and Harry - Yes the majority were the same as what Harry caught 16-20. But, I did catch fifteen over 20". The four biggest for me were 38", 25.5", 25" and 24.5". My standards aren't as high as yours, Alan I was perfectly happy catching the non-giants.

The wind and chop really picked up in the afternoon and that's when Dao hauled in his personal best of 32+". I caught my big one when the winds were howling at 5PM...it had been calm most of the day. I believe Jeremy had a 28" earlier.

Harry-I apologize...was not trying to hijack your thread. Just hoping you have a great day on Monday.
                John D.
                2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                GO RAVENS!!!
                GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deleonjo View Post
                  Alan and Harry - Yes the majority were the same as what Harry caught 16-20. But, I did catch fifteen over 20". The four biggest for me were 38", 25.5", 25" and 24.5". My standards aren't as high as yours, Alan I was perfectly happy catching the non-giants.

The wind and chop really picked up in the afternoon and that's when Dao hauled in his personal best of 32+". I caught my big one when the winds were howling at 5PM...it had been calm most of the day. I believe Jeremy had a 28" earlier.

Harry-I apologize...was not trying to hijack your thread. Just hoping you have a great day on Monday.
                  No problem, you didn't hijack anything just added more great fishing info. Wish we would have caught some larger ones but still had a great time!!

Comment

Nice, you got a 38" that's spectacular!
                    Those are all great fish to catch and certainly not below my standards :-)
                    I was wondering if you were getting migratory ones in there. That 38 may be. The others are locals.
                    Sounds like a blast.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                    Alan

Comment

We are a go for Monday around 7:30. Winds are predicated to be around 7 mph at 7 and slowly go to 10 by noon.
                      All are welcome to join. Low tide around 8:30 so we should catch the incoming tide.

Comment

Working...
                      X