Abet sxj 5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abet sxj 5.3

Have had a Avet sxj 5.3 for a while now have not used need some pointers would this be a good reel for jigging or trolling need a good rod paring help?
    Donny B.
    OK Big Game Prowler

What do you want to use it for? They're good for offshore wreck trips like blackfish and seabass and can also be good for chunking for stripers or big catfish off a boat/kayak. They are lever drags which some guys dont like. The MC version is magged for casting and is a little more versatile.
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I have the MC version mentioned above. I love it for trolling and intend to live line with it this year. It has a "live bait" setting on the drag as well as a clicker that can be disengaged. I run it on about a 6-6 medium rod with a fast tip.
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I had a SX with the MC system, I really liked it, caught quite a few fish with it; lots of Tog and other bottom dwellers...sold it for something different and ended up getting a Boss Fury 400n...basically the same exact reel (small lever drag w/ a big handle)! Probably just should have kept the SX but the Fury is wicked as well. I love these little power house California reels.
        Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Working...
        X