Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie did me right.

Hello fellow yakers,

I just wanted to tell everyone I can, how happy I am with Hobie. I bought my first fishing kayak in March of 2008. A blaze orange Hobie Outback. I loved it from day one. I caught plenty of fish on and even a 45" Red Drum that won me a Nucanoe kayak at the TKAA tournament last September.

I was beside myself when I found a few sterss crack in old faithfull. I went to Backyard Boats in Woodbridge, VA were I bought it to see if there was anything they could do for me since it was 15 months out of warranty. The owner thought they might give a discount on a new hull but he called Hobie and then gave me the good news. Hobie said since it was so far out of warranty that I would have to pay the $75.00 shipping charge. Three weeks later I had a new Hobie Outback with all the upgrades and none of the scratches.

I have to say, I don't know if any other company wold do the same. I would like to say yes but these days it's hard to say.

Thanks Hobie
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

You done good with Hobie. Why did you pick it over the Revo? Seems the Revo is narrower and more efficient.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I had never sat in a kayak in my life so I liked the wider stance of the outback. I was taking a leap of faith that I would like like it. I had read about Hobies and kayak fishing for so long I just jumped in with both feet.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I am sure that Ocean Kayak would have done the same... LOL Good deal man! Good thing to know you get just more than peddles with that high price.

MYT

Comment

Good deal. I'm aware of other situations where Hobie really backs their products. Expensive over other manufacturers but can't go wrong with them for the fishing game.

Comment

With Hobies, you get what you pay for and a bunch of that is their reputation for quality and service. Ya don't survive on top for decades in their business without the dependability.

Glad to see you're Christmas came early ........

Comment

Working...
            X