Bay Bridge Launch - Eastside - North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Launch - Eastside - North

Have seen some questions about launching north of bay bridge. Here is a link:
    http://www.parksnrec.org/images/stor...tertrails2.pdf

Parking is about 1/2 mile from beach, you are allowed to pull your kayak on the trail to get to beach. There is no fee

I've checked that park out a few times. It's a long walk and a small parking lot but it's free and that is the best price. Sewer pipe is on your way to the bridge and can hold spot or rock too so that's not too bad. I plan on trying it. Also spsp from the ramps seems like a better way to fish the bridge. I wonder if we can talk hemmingways into letting us launch after the lanscaping and "new-ness" washes off?
    Used to fish more.

Comment

Hello,
      my computer won't show me the pdf.(not compatible) you go left after you turn off 50, is there a sign for the park, I've driven to love point but didn't notice any park or parking?

Comment

Originally posted by crawdad View Post
        Hello,
        my computer won't show me the pdf.(not compatible) you go left after you turn off 50, is there a sign for the park, I've driven to love point but didn't notice any park or parking?
        Heading east on 50 you turn left at the top of the ramp onto RT 8. I think it is the next left off RT. 8, there is some kind of offices then the park. It is part of the walking trail that goes across Kent Island and Terrapin Nature Trail

http://www.traillink.com/trail/cross-island-trail.aspx

Comment

according to what I've read it is a 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot to the launch site.
          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I've checked this park out as well. It's at least a 1/2 mile from the parking lot to a beach launch. Bring your wheels!

Comment

You can't pay to launch from that Marina?

Comment

Working...
              X