Saturday 04/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 04/25

Anyone heading out Saturday? Morning will be high 30s getting to around 60 by mid day. Thinking of heading out of ft. Smallwood.

I plan on going out sat, haven't decided where to go.
    Brian
    White Marsh MD
    Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
      I plan on going out sat, haven't decided where to go.
      +1

A) Sandy Point State Park - 40min drive, probably congested on the water
      B) Point Lookout State Park - 80min drive, practically have the place to myself
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Possibly heading out from Jonas green

Comment

never been out there how's the fishing compared
          to sandy point?
          Brian
          White Marsh MD
          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Fishing is good it seems based on a report that someine posted up

Comment

Anyone fishing the flats? The turbidity and water temp looks good on the buoy, hopefully the turbidity stays that way. Winds looks to die down to 8 MPH for Sat and Sun and me and buddy plan to hit it to see what stripers are the about.

I usually like to fish the ebb tide and target the channel edges of the flats. That usually works for me but being High tide to 4am and 4pm and me being a 2 hour drive its kind of out of sync for me. Anyone have any other strategy for chasing the schoolies up there?
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Can't go Saturday but considering going out on Sunday.
                Travis
                Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                Orange Old Town NEXT
                USN

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                  Anyone fishing the flats? The turbidity and water temp looks good on the buoy, hopefully the turbidity stays that way. Winds looks to die down to 8 MPH for Sat and Sun and me and buddy plan to hit it to see what stripers are the about.

I usually like to fish the ebb tide and target the channel edges of the flats. That usually works for me but being High tide to 4am and 4pm and me being a 2 hour drive its kind of out of sync for me. Anyone have any other strategy for chasing the schoolies up there?
                  I just might be out there on Saturday and or Sunday. Need some paddle time.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Fishing cbbt for tog again Sat and Sunday if anybody wants to head down and join. Going to try for flounder also, but probably still too early.

Comment

I too was thinking about heading to SPSP. I've never been and it's really not as far as I thought it was. Was going to try the Potomac around Fletchers but water levels are going to be too high. Not looking for anyone's honey holes, but could someone shoot me a PM and basically give me a basic run down (things to be aware of, currents, other possible dangers). Thanks. I'll be in a blue 2015 FS12T
                      Zack
                      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post

I am hoping to be out there Saturday. Probably starting around 8 if I can, assuming the boss approves.
                        Mike

Comment

Ok who is going where.... I live in white marsh and can meet north to the Susquehanna
                          or south at sandy point. let's get a meet together and hammer these fish.
                          Brian
                          White Marsh MD
                          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

I am heading to Susquehanna Saturday and Sunday
                            Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                            Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                            Hummingbird Helix 5
                            Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

We are leaving Hagerstown around 4am to be at Tidings around 6 and first light. High tide is 4am and low at 9:44 and I've aways done better fishing the shipping channel on the out flow. If you get there at 8am your almost going to be fishing low tide and the inflow.

I have a small gold truck with a wood truck rack. I'm in a camo Ride 135 sporting the yellow flag and buddy is in a beige outback
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                              X