No announcement yet.

New member question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the 7ah battery I use....it's worked well for me, but my longest trip has been maybe 6 hours.
    http://www.amazon.com/Spypoint-12-Vo.../dp/B002NYN7EM

Comment

And my unit has a draw of 615mA.

Comment

In my experience, after you have used and recharged a battery a bunch of times, it does not return to the full rated capacity any longer. You are better off buying a size that gives you an extra margin of capacity.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Think of 615ma as .615A or amps a Milli amps are in the thousands

7ah battery is 7/.615 = 11.3 hours of run time
          12ah battery is 12/.615 = 19.5 hours of run time

Do the same math on other batteries to get your expected run time.
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

There is also a reserve amount of usually 10% or so of the battery level that is usually not usuable. The fish finder will shut off at this point so you don't ruin the battery, take this into consideration. I noticed this on my batteries when I checked the level it was at on a full day outing where I ran out of juice and FF shutoff.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

I'm going with the larger 7amp battery based on all the feedback I have received. Thanks guys, everyone on this forum is very knowledgeable and helpful. Glad to be here.

Comment

They have the same specs and use the same manual for the Mark and Elite units. Is that laziness on part of Lowrance, or is the B&W screen so good it thinks it's color?
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I've only been half following this thread, i just posted a Garmin 441s, if your still shopping around or are interested..
                  '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
                    I've only been half following this thread, i just posted a Garmin 441s, if your still shopping around or are interested..
                    I have bought a FF. Thanks for the offer and good luck with your sale.

Comment

Nova1, Where did you order your Mark 4 HDI from? I didn't see that model at BassPro and have been pretty confused with the models on Amazon. Based on customer reviews it seems like some of them come with a transducer that doesn't work the down view.

Originally posted by Nova1 View Post
                      John,

Thanks for your input. It's good to learn from other people's past experiences. It's going to be a good piece of mind have the gps for convenience and safety. I just order the lowrance mark 4 hdi. It won't have to fanciy color but It seems like it will have everything that I need.

Comment

MikeMMM,

I ordered it from basspro.com. I just looked on the website and I didn't see it on there. Looks like maybe the were on sale to phase them out for the newer models to come in. I'm sure you can find on new or Amazon or ebay. Good luck.

Comment

That was an awesome price at 129. Can't get them at Amazon or EBay even close to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X