Looking for tips on fishing at Lewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tips on fishing at Lewes

I plan to be in southern Delaware on May 12-14, but cannot get into my accommodations until mid-afternoon. I am contemplating driving to Lewes in the morning and fishing for 3-4 hours, then going to my destination. I have never fished in Lewes and do not know: a) where to launch my kayak, b) what species to expect, and c) what techniques to use. I would prefer fishing artificials if that is possible, but will use bait if necessary. I would appreciate your suggestions.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Hey John, check out the posts about chsp (cape henlopen state park) in the Delaware section. You can fish for bluefish, tautog, and flounder there. Fishing has been very good
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

John ........ might want to check some of the reports from the Delaware coast ......... looks like they are catching some monster blues in the surf and up and down the coast. Might want to take some tony's, tube lure and surface plugs with single hooks.

Comment

Working...
      X