Texas kayaker coming to Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas kayaker coming to Maryland

I will be in Gaithersburg, Md. on the week of Oct 17-24 for my daughters wedding. Im a die hard kayak fisherman down here in Texas. I fish for speckled trout. I fish all the trout tourneys I can. Hear there are some nice trout in the area. I would appreciate any info or maybe hook up with someone and get on some trout.
    Thanks
    west end trout assassins

Originally posted by westendtroutassassin View Post
    I will be in Gaithersburg, Md. on the week of Oct 17-24 for my daughters wedding. Im a die hard kayak fisherman down here in Texas. I fish for speckled trout. I fish all the trout tourneys I can. Hear there are some nice trout in the area. I would appreciate any info or maybe hook up with someone and get on some trout.
    Thanks
    Seems to be about the end of specks in the bay, when you will be in the area....at least as far south (Honga River) as I've fished. Could probably make it down around the CBBT or somewhere at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and still find some then, but that would be a good 3-4 hour drive from Gaithersburg.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Are you on the Texas kayak fishing forums? I googled some good tips from that forum
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Like Cowpokey said, I don't think you will have much luck anywhere close to Gaithersburg. Closest place with any chance of catching them is probably Point Lookout, but not sure that late in the season. I do usually catch some nice specks that time of year drifting live bait under a float in some of my favorite speck spots down near the mouth of the bay. I was catching a lot of very small ones on the teaser hooks of my bucktail flounder rigs when jigging the cbbt pilings in Sept-Oct. I heard of some keepers out at cbbt 1st island around that time last year, but I only tried trolling hard plastics a few times out there with no luck. The Elizabeth River, Back River, Lynnhaven, and a few other areas should still be producing keeper specks around then. So, best bet is to head south if you can. Post up when you get here and want to head down...there are only a handful of members on this forum that fish down in those areas on a regular basis (I am one of them and will be down there most weekends if I'm not living outside VA at that time).

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
          Are you on the Texas kayak fishing forums? I googled some good tips from that forum
          Yes I am. And thanks for the info guys.
          west end trout assassins

Comment

Working...
          X