How does it not run into things?
      Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

That is pretty sweet!
        WS ATAK

Comment

That looks awesome.

To answer gliebig: "Does Lily have obstacle avoidance?

Currently, Lily does not have any obstacle avoidance capabilities. We have found that most outdoor activities do not need obstacle avoidance because Lily can follow the user's path. But again, there are no guarantees that Lily will not hit anything while it is following you. If Lily is about to hit an object you can press the middle button on the tracking device and Lily will stop, hold its position, and continue to film you."

Interesting release method they have too. Preorder for 50% off.

The FAQs have some pretty cool information too. 18-22 minutes of run time. Sounds like something good to toss up in the air when the big fish strikes.
          Mike

Comment

When i saw this earlier this year i knew i needed it! I cannot wait until they come out I may actually get one!
            Zach Bennett
            Linthicum MD
            2014 Hobie Outback
            Instagram: YakinZak
            Youtube: YakinZak
            Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

...... OOOO OOOOO OOOOOO .......... OOOO ....... MINE !! >>>>> MINE!!!! ......... as my grand Daughter would say.

Is there a guarantee you will actually get one ........ what if the company doesn't take? Do you get your money back?

Comment

...... double post

Comment

The concept is really cool, but a whole 20 minutes of run time is unimpressive. For those who have filmed anything before, you know that goes by fast. I think it would be best used for adventure sports such as snow boarding or rapids kayaking where you have pretty constant action. If you were into a good bite it may be exciting, but 20 minutes of some guy peddling around and not catching would be pretty boring.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                  Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                    The concept is really cool, but a whole 20 minutes of run time is unimpressive. For those who have filmed anything before, you know that goes by fast. I think it would be best used for adventure sports such as snow boarding or rapids kayaking where you have pretty constant action. If you were into a good bite it may be exciting, but 20 minutes of some guy peddling around and not catching would be pretty boring.
                    I think you would use it for just the special effects or special ocassions like when the fish are breaking or they are really biting etc. I think 20 minutes flight time on a single battery pack is not bad considering there is a camera and 4 motors and a controller ........ and yes it is made for the action shots and the special effects ........... your on board camera captures everything else.

Comment

........ here's another one ......... http://hexoplus.com/ ....... listed in Kayak Magazine

Comment

@$500 for preorders, it's not that bad. It's certainly not cheap, but looks like a fun toy to play with.
                        How sucky would it be if it flew into your vertical rod storage and broke the tips and the camera!?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

Or threw it off a bridge and your battery had run out on your wrist tracking thing!

Comment

Working...
                          X