3 Inch Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Inch Worms

For some reason I have been tearing up the bass the past two weekends. Most fish have been on the small side, but last weekend and this weekend I caught two 19 inch largemouths and one 18 incher. All fish were caught with a tiny green pumpkin Bass Pro Stick-O worm. These larger fish are unusual for me. Historically most bass I catch around here are in the 10-12 inch size, so the big fish are welcome.

I got the kayak out on Sunday evening after the thunderstorms rolled through and had a wonderful time fishing. In the shallow man-made ponds/lakes local to me the bass were hanging out near clumps of aquatic vegetation. It's always a whoot when a big bass pulls some drag and spins your kayak around.

i tried some strike king zero worms for stripers but haven't had any success yet. those are some nice LMB

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      For some reason I have been tearing up the bass the past two weekends. Most fish have been on the small side, but last weekend and this weekend I caught two 19 inch largemouths and one 18 incher. All fish were caught with a tiny green pumpkin Bass Pro Stick-O worm. These larger fish are unusual for me. Historically most bass I catch around here are in the 10-12 inch size, so the big fish are welcome.

I got the kayak out on Sunday evening after the thunderstorms rolled through and had a wonderful time fishing. In the shallow man-made ponds/lakes local to me the bass were hanging out near clumps of aquatic vegetation. It's always a whoot when a big bass pulls some drag and spins your kayak around.

Hey Dan...
      Can you post what bait exactly you are using? Pictures of the bait? And what lake/pond did you go too? Thanks so much for posting this. Congrats on the big boys!

Comment

There was a guy that sold a video about 100 bass a day on Loch Raven ......... his secret ......... he was using a small 4 in worm ........

Dang if it didn't work ........... most of the bass were 10 - 16 in ....... biggest was 5 lb ........

Comment

Just like a senko

http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto...55085/-1110995

It's the Bass Pro Shop version of the Gary Yamamoto Senko worm. I've been using the 3 inch size and nose hooking it with a circle hook or putting it on a 1/16 ounce jig head.

I've had success at small ponds and small lakes near my home. The bodies of water are pretty shallow and have lots of aquatic vegetation growing. Just toss near the edges of the vegetation clumps/weed lines and watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto...55085/-1110995

It's the Bass Pro Shop version of the Gary Yamamoto Senko worm. I've been using the 3 inch size and nose hooking it with a circle hook or putting it on a 1/16 ounce jig head.

I've had success at small ponds and small lakes near my home. The bodies of water are pretty shallow and have lots of aquatic vegetation growing. Just toss near the edges of the vegetation clumps/weed lines and watch out.
            does your jig head match the color of your worm?

Comment

Nope.

Nope. For bass fishing I don't think the jig head color matters. All mine are unpainted lead jig heads. The bass see the tasty 3 inch worm falling and they eat it up. Usually I just cast it out and let it sink. If a bass is near it will usually eat it on the fall. I'll watch my line and wait for a strike. I'll let the worm sit on the bottom for about 10 seconds and if no takers then I'll do a slow do-nothing retrieve. Sometimes they hit when the worm is being reeled in slowly. Repeat and have fun catching bass.

Comment

Working...
              X