Bay Bridge Jigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Jigging

Hey guys, I got a question, I am looking to try jigging at the bay bridge, and got some really good information about rockpiles vs pylons etc, (this forums search feature is amazing) my question is when jigging with artificial lures, what is everyone using and how is their set up? would love to see some pictures. Buck tails or soft plastics?
    im not sure if I should just use a jig and some line or if I need a sinker with the lure off the bottom for a bit, im totally confused so please excuse me.

Thanks!
    2014 Tarpon 120

.5-1 oz jig head with a 6" bass kandy delight. Focus on the cross bars, or in 20' range. That worked pretty well last year at this time.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
      .5-1 oz jig head with a 6" bass kandy delight. Focus on the cross bars, or in 20' range. That worked pretty well last year at this time.
      where are the fishing typically holding, on the bottom?
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

They tend to stay in the near bottom structure. If the current is moving, try the eddies created by the pylons or other structure. The fish will at times wait for food to be swept by them from the current.
        Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
        Chris

Pompano 120
        Pescador 10

Comment

Originally posted by crbshooter View Post
          They tend to stay in the near bottom structure. If the current is moving, try the eddies created by the pylons or other structure. The fish will at times wait for food to be swept by them from the current.
          Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
          I used a similar method to catch cobia in SC, definitely most productive during a migration of some sort. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

They'll start suspending in a range. When I see that range, I head for water that's about that depth because they'll likely be sitting on the bottom there. That's not always possible to find and trolling at that depth may really be the ticket. Jeff Little and I trolled the bridge last year and found a ton. Then we stopped and jigged because they were holding to specific pilings. Then it was one right after the other. When they hold to some structure I like to troll to find them and then stop and jig. They don't always school up like that, but when they do it's a fun afternoon.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Check out: http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com/ and search his posts. Also search Youtube for his videos.

He has not been posting as much lately but has provided allot of good information over the years.

This one is on point for your question:

http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com...ke-bay-bridge/

Comment

Working...
              X