6/13/2011 - Question of the Day - Berkley Gulp Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/13/2011 - Question of the Day - Berkley Gulp Storage

OK How does everybody store this stinky goodness?

I'm currently using a large freezer bag to store the individual packages but it leads to a stinky mess when i pull packs out to grab baits.

Can you just dump all the baits and liquid into a small Tupperware container without worry of colors bleeding? I have never tried this and was looking for a better method of storing and accessing the goodies.

What are your secrets?

I keep mine in a small Lock and Lock brand tupperware. The Glad and Ziploc brand container with the screw top that supposed to not leak will leak like crazy if the container falls on its side. I keep most of my baits in the container they come in, and I'll load the container with what I think I'll use in a day or two plus enough juice to keep them mostly covered. I don't reload it until I use nearly all of them up.

I keep white, chartreuse, and new penny all in the same container with no problems. Don't let the container get too hot (i.e. in your car in the sun with all the windows up on a hot day) or the juice seems to cook and turn darker brown. The baits will start falling apart, too. Also, don't keep any hooks in there because the hooks will dissolve, which will also cause the lures to fall apart for some reason.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I keep mine in one of those containers too. Snap lock and a rubber gasket. I keep them all together and they never bleed. However, the tips bill stated are 100%! Hooks will dissolve and ruin the baits- I made that mistake over the winter after being lazy sometime last fall...
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

A couple of Plano Liqua bait containers ........... open the packs that you use ......... put 1 on the hook and that rest along with any liquid in with glup alive stuff ........

http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Liquaba...11186/-1652970

These things are pricey but not as much as gulp alive ........

Comment

I was thinking about the liquid gulp containers. However, that is one more box to carry out on the kayak. I may have to try that. I now keep mine in individual packs in zip locks in a plano waterproof box. It seems to work and keep the stuff under control. I mostly us the gulp for freshwater, being a crankbait guy in the bay. I must agree, the gulp if messy.

I was planning to use some of the gulp eels on a Carolina type rig this year to see if it works.

Comment

i got the plano containers, they work well.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

i just put some in qt zip lock bags with a little juice. dont mix BKDs they will bleed colors but gulp is ok to mix

Comment

Working...
              X