No announcement yet.

Mallows Bay - Tues May 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, tell me Raptor did not catch anything either?

Comment

Even the Raptor took a skunk.

It's hard trolling through the Ghost Fleet!

John Veil upheld our honor with two bass.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The wind was blowing right up the river pushing waves against the ship hulls. There was a large amount of floating aquatic vegetation that fouled lures easily. The water was muddy with only a few inches of visibility. So much for our excuses. Our group did not catch many fish, but we got to explore an interesting location. The scenery, both manmade and natural, was excellent. The combined length of the two small bass I caught yesterday was less than that of the first bass I caught there last year. I did have a larger one on the hook for a few seconds before it jumped and spit the spinnerbait.

001.jpg 002.jpg
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

It was very nice meeting everyone, even if the fishing was poor. It just an amazing location and I will absolutely be back more this summer.

I was looking around for some info on Mallows Bay, and came across this video:

It is very interesting and I think I will pick up his book on the subject next time I need a new read.
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Bunnielab,

Thank you for posting. I actually watched the whole video. Shomette has written extensively on shipwrecks in the Chesapeake. It's the first time I have seen him speak.

The fishing wasn't just poor. It was bad. I believe that was due to the weather conditions of the day more than our deficiencies as anglers. But the location was very interesting, looked "fishy" and I would certainly return for another try.

It was nice seeing you at ramp.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
            X