Matapeake pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matapeake pier

I'm takin my young sons out here to fish, I've never been to this pier, anyone knows what's caught there and if it's good fishing vs the 50 bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to frequent matapeake and romancoke alot during the summer months and it can be a hit or miss for bottom species like spot, croaker, perch, and blues. If you're fishing from the pier, I'm not sure if those bottom dwellers have made there way up yet so i feel like the only fish in the water could be cats and skates? idk xD i'm sure you could find some schoolies near the bay bridge if you're taking the yaks out though
    Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
    Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

Comment

might want to try PLO, probably only a little further and they've been catching croaker around there for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by keahyun View Post
        I used to frequent matapeake and romancoke alot during the summer months and it can be a hit or miss for bottom species like spot, croaker, perch, and blues. If you're fishing from the pier, I'm not sure if those bottom dwellers have made there way up yet so i feel like the only fish in the water could be cats and skates? idk xD i'm sure you could find some schoolies near the bay bridge if you're taking the yaks out though
        I just was there 5/25 with my boys, nothing. I don't think anyone on the pier caught anything that day. DNR was upset he couldn't check anyone besides license

Comment

PLO has croakers in abundance. The Solomon's pier should also be producing and is a lot closer for most folks. I've been catching them with gulp from the yak in bays off the Potomac. Night has been better for the piers.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
          X