Mattawoman 5/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattawoman 5/30

I was happy to land three and at least hook a fourth at the tournament. Two previous times were skunks. I say this b/c it is a tough body of water IMO. I was simply amazed by turtle135s numbers, was a heck of a day for him there. I'm not a big fan of tidal waters personally. However the main difference for me this past time was my Slayer Propel13. I can fish the way I want and not worry about things like return distance, standing, wind, or current. My only two prior times were with my D10T......and after feeling like all I was doing was treading water, I made the decision to buy the Propel that day.

Pretty cool snakehead story. Lol better luck next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
    Tarpon 120
    Ascend D10T

Personal bests
    25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post
      I was happy to land three and at least hook a fourth at the tournament. Two previous times were skunks. I say this b/c it is a tough body of water IMO. I was simply amazed by turtle135s numbers, was a heck of a day for him there. I'm not a big fan of tidal waters personally. However the main difference for me this past time was my Slayer Propel13. I can fish the way I want and not worry about things like return distance, standing, wind, or current. My only two prior times were with my D10T......and after feeling like all I was doing was treading water, I made the decision to buy the Propel that day.

Pretty cool snakehead story. Lol better luck next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      i def agree with it seeming like a tough body of water to fish... not used to tidal fishing for freshwater species.
      i brought my paddle yak out this time but may just bring out my outback next time and take the mirage drive out when i decide to fish the vegetation
      Michael
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
      Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
        i def agree with it seeming like a tough body of water to fish... not used to tidal fishing for freshwater species.
        i brought my paddle yak out this time but may just bring out my outback next time and take the mirage drive out when i decide to fish the vegetation
        Don't feel bad. I fished Mallows Bay yesterday for 13 hours (6:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.). I did land 10 largemouth but it was a real grind yesterday. Not sure what the issue was, never really figured the bass out. It was just a random bass, then nothing for an hour, then another random strike.

I did have some fun with gar chopping the trailers off my swim jigs. I don't know how those things ever eat anything because they always swipe at and miss my lures.
        Last edited by Turtle135; 06-08-2015, 04:27 PM.
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

when i fun fish the potomac or pre fish for an upcoming tournament i usually slay them . then tournament day arrives and BAM !! nothing. i think one of the problems with tx day is boat traffic . i believe it turns the fish off more than most think . which explains why my prefish ( usually weekdays ) are more successful than my weekend tournaments . i know there are a thousand other rerasons why a bass eats or dont , but this is my excuse .
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Working...
          X