HOOK1 Discount Code works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOOK1 Discount Code works

So what's a freshwater MA guy doing on your forum?

A short time ago I posted on the Hobie Pro Angler forum that I had an interest in a Torqeedo set up for my Hobie PA-14. I was looking for some pros and cons. Memory Maker from your forum stepped right in with all the information I could have asked for. It was a huge help in making up my mind. Long story short, I ordered my Torqeedo set up today from HOOK1. Rick directed me to the discount code he posted on your forum.

Good news...... it works. Did it all on line. At check out just place the code HOOK1SL to receive the discount.

Many thanks to Rick for all his help. We have spoken over the phone a couple times since. He is like the Torqeedo Whisperer.

Waiting patiently for it's arrival.

ZOOOOM! ZOOOOOM!

Tight Lines everyone

Bwhahaha ........ Torqeedo Whisperer ......... Now that's funny...... You'll love the Torqeedo ........ A bunch of people have them here ...........

Hey guys ......... Anybody heading to Mass, contact Jim ........ Good to have a local contact in distant places.

Same goes for you Jim ......... Let us know if you are coming down our way

......... Oh ....... And WELCOME aboard bro......

Comment

welcome, hope you try and stick around!
      sigpic

Comment

You won't regret getting a Torqeedo. They are awesome.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
          Good news...... it works. Did it all on line. At check out just place the code HOOK1SL to receive the discount.
          ZOOOOM! ZOOOOOM!
          Thats great news! Glad to hear there's a discout for that puppy! If it's not too much to ask, what'd ya pay for it to your door with the code? If its more your style, you can PM me the figure. I'm looking to buy one for my HPA that I don't have yet. Im across the pond waiting for my turn to come home for a bit
          Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
          2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
          2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
          2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

I see that the hobie evolve v2 kit isn't something they offer...I'm looking to get the direct drop in for the HPA
            Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...

Comment

Why do you want the evolve ........... Unless you want to drop it in the Mirage Well, the Torqeedo gives you more for less when rear mounted. Torqeedo make the evolve for Hobie. No one offers the evolve except Hobie dealers and the don't usually discount

I'm just curious

Comment

I just don't know if I want to go mounting it on a rudder, having another mechanical system that can malfunction or get broken hanging off the back of the yak being it's the hardest part of the boat to access out on open water once all the gear is back there..plus it fits right in the mirage drive. Swapping fins for electric would literally take less than a minute and you're on the go again. Thoughts? Cost wise, mounting back there would make sense..I see your point. But for the extra few hundo, having it all right at my finger tips in the cockpit where I am just seems like a better piece of mind.
                Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
                  I just don't know if I want to go mounting it on a rudder, having another mechanical system that can malfunction or get broken hanging off the back of the yak being it's the hardest part of the boat to access out on open water once all the gear is back there..plus it fits right in the mirage drive. Swapping fins for electric would literally take less than a minute and you're on the go again. Thoughts? Cost wise, mounting back there would make sense..I see your point. But for the extra few hundo, having it all right at my finger tips in the cockpit where I am just seems like a better piece of mind.
                  You might want to talk to some people that have each. First, for me, the Mirage drive engine does not make sense. I have hit unseen sandbars and oyster bars. The weak point on Hobies has been the Mirage Drive connects. While they have strengthened them, can you imagine hitting an oyster bar at 6 mph 2 miles from shore. The mirage drive pedals would do you no good. Also, I have Pro anglers and they have the largest storage compartment but it is still difficult to get the Mirage Drive into it. You have to take out the liner in the very front to take out the drive and put in the engine ......... Impossible for a fat old guy in rough water ......... 2 waves over the bow with an open hatch and it would be over. If you mount an engine on the back, you have the mirage drive mandate the engine full time.

If you have a Revo or an Outback, You can mount the Evolve on the Twist n Stow rudder and that is excellent several people have that and like it. Again, you can use the engine and the the Mirage Drive at the same time .......... And I use to get on Hobie for not offering the same for the PA's. Then the guys with the Revos and Outbacks started to mout the Torqeedos instead ........ Why ......... Because they could still use the rudder when they didn't use the engine. When it is mounted to the rudder and you don't use the engine, you have a lot of drag from the engine and the prop if you try to use just the Mirage drive. If you pull up the engine on the rudder, you don't have the rudder.

With the Torqeedo on the back, you have the Engine and the Mirage Drive you can use at the same time and you can pull up the engine and still have the rudder. It's a simple design that gives you the best of all worlds.

That's my opinion from my experience and the experience of others. Others may have other opinions. As I said, talk to a lot of people that have them before you pull an expensive trigger.

Comment

I have the twist and stow evolve installation on my outback. I like the clean installation of having the motor installed on the rudder assembly and all wiring ran inside the hull. You WILL notice a drag when peddling and the rudder being sluggish when the motor is not in use. If you want to make any hard angled turns, just simply bump the throttle and the kayak will spin to its desired location.

Another option is the torqeedo 403, simply lowering and raising the motor as needed without sacrificing rudder control and speed. If I had to do it again, I would consider this route. Although more mounting hardware is involved with the addition of up and down ropes which originally pushed me towards the evolve rudder version.

I did run aground on a sandbar at Jbay this year. The motor took the brunt of the impact and snapped the rudder pin, luckily the pin did its job and the motor was still attached to the kayak by the up\down left\right strings. I managed to find a shoreline and replace the pin in a few minutes...just a reminder these installs are not invincible.
                    Last edited by sparky1423; 06-07-2015, 01:01 PM.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Memory Maker- I've been scouring the interweb on HPAs with the rear mounted 403 for videos, pics of the installs with write-ups...I got nothin except vague photos and unclear angles. All the videos show the boat in motion..nothing more elaborate than that. If you'd be so kind, hurry up and install yours and shoot us a little video please! Lol works been slow tonight and I'm taking a serious consideration with few questions brewing in my mind on that mounting style.

1) With the option to lock the drive in the forward position, how does the rudder react? It is tied off of to the turning bracket on the drive. Does it hinder the turning radius any? It seems to me that would make the rudder inoperable for turning.
                      2) When turning the rudder the drive turns also. So how tight is the turning radius at full yaw since the power is at the rear of the yak?
                      3) Also I'm going to assume that with the skeg down the radius of turn would be effected. Thoughts?
                      Christopher

Comment

Mine has been installed for a couple of years. Not sure what you mean by locking the drive in the forward position. However, with the rear mounted Torqeedo, it is connected to the steering drum on the PA by drilling 2 holes in the cover and tying to the steering drum. This way you can use the rudder and the engine as a rudder too so you can turn on a dime. The turning radius is much much less than if you used the pedals and the rudder.

Mine is an older model so it doesn't have as skeg so I can't comment on it. The skeg is to help the PA track better. Even with the skeg, the turning radius would still be less than the Mirage Drive and the rudder.

With this setup, you can use the rudder and the engine or you could just pull up the engine and just use the rudder.

Comment

I saw you were floating around the HobieCat forums on this matter and a fella attempted to post some photos for ya...cant see the details very well in a thumbnail photo but I get what you're saying. My desired mounting option is swaying but still hesitant until I get to view more setups in simular fashion.

Still in wonderment on what appears to be a dense foam block around the arm of the motor mount is for and how it's used.
                          Last edited by RustedAngler; 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM.
                          Christopher

Comment

I made that for additional support of the arm because I didn't use the support that came with it. Most people use the support that comes with it. There are people all over the country and Europe coding it this way. Yak Fish does it basically this way Lon his outback.

You might want to post on the Hobie board asking for pictures ......... A guy from Texas posted his not long ago ...... There's another guy that fishes with Jeff Little that did it too ....... OldTimer on the Hobie board did it too ......... Most have used the way I did it and looked at the pics ......... Haven't heard any complaints ..........

As I said, do it the way you want ......... It's just what I and others have found ...... For us it was better and cheaper especially if you take advantage of the discounts offered to Snaggedline by different vendors.
                            Last edited by Memory Maker; 06-08-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X