No announcement yet.

June 13 th meet and greet upper Potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody taking Rich up on the camping offer? I'm thinking I am going to head up Friday evening and get to sleep in a little without the drive before fishing.

Comment

I'm planning on joining y'all. If you can tolerate a canoeist in the crowd. I have a pickup so could probably haul a couple yaks in the back to get to the put in. Is there a head count yet?

Comment

Hi gang, we fished the same stretch yesterday .We caught lots of fish mostly 10 inches a few larger but fun on light tackle .4 people went and they pretty much bit on crank baits and tubes .those of you with a fly rod they loved clouser minnows white or yellow fished deep slowly.
        It was extremely hot by noon with little breeze so I think start time should be at 7 am we quit by 1:30.Best bite was up till 10:00 or so .See you all at Brunswick ramp in am .My cell is 3017583731.Rich
        Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
        Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

I'm down for both. See you guys tomorrow!
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

These are the logistics from last year (and I am assuming they will be the same this year).

Rich has access to a van to run people back up to their vehicles at the end of the float. So we can all park up at Brunswick. Fish and float our way down to Point of Rocks. Then we leave someone at POR to watch everyone's kayaks and gear while people are driven back up to Brunswick to get their vehicles.
            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
              These are the logistics from last year (and I am assuming they will be the same this year).

Rich has access to a van to run people back up to their vehicles at the end of the float. So we can all park up at Brunswick. Fish and float our way down to Point of Rocks. Then we leave someone at POR to watch everyone's kayaks and gear while people are driven back up to Brunswick to get their vehicles.
              Well I'm meeting Rob & Greg at POR 7am so I can stay and help watch everyone's kayaks!

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
                Well I'm meeting Rob & Greg at POR 7am so I can stay and help watch everyone's kayaks!
                You're the man Berto! You sure you don't want to meet me at 4:00 A.M. at Brunswick so we can paddle up to Knoxville Falls for some prefishing?
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Is a fishfinder necessary to do well in this area? Havent rigged one up on my other boat..
                  Michael
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                  Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Originally posted by Mbae View Post
                    Is a fishfinder necessary to do well in this area? Havent rigged one up on my other boat..
                    The water is only a couple feet deep in most places so l'd leave it at home to prevent smashing the transducer on a rock.
                    PigPen - Mt Airy
                    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                      You're the man Berto! You sure you don't want to meet me at 4:00 A.M. at Brunswick so we can paddle up to Knoxville Falls for some prefishing?
                      HA! I'm good Dave I don't want to have to get up at 3am. LOL!

Comment

I'm still a little confused as to where to meet in the morning. Should I head to Brunswick or POR? I can carry two more passengers and maybe a kayak. Have a short bed but should be able to manage. Would it be best to have my vehicle at the top or bottom of the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
                          The water is only a couple feet deep in most places so l'd leave it at home to prevent smashing the transducer on a rock.
                          Great thanks! See you all bright and early at Brunswick!
                          Michael
                          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                          Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Editing my post as I am now confused as to where we are meeting at what time....
                            Last edited by icanoe; 06-12-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

brunswick launch

Originally posted by icanoe View Post
                              Editing my post as I am now confused as to where we are meeting at what time....
                              Start of tommorow s trip Brunswick ,if you have an extra car with no boat leave it POR

Comment

upper potomac saturday

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                                Start of tommorow s trip Brunswick ,if you have an extra car with no boat leave it POR
                                Again I will be at Brunswick ramp at 7:00 . Remember to bring a lure for the bucket ,we will award it to the documented largest fish..If you have an anchor or drag chain it has been safe to use here lately to position yourself over holes to fish for the big ones.We should have a pretty large group of a dozen or so kayaks should be great fun for you all. See you in the AM drive safe. Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X