Patapsco / SW area park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco / SW area park

Has anyone fished this area recently? Was wondering how things have been for stripers and cats from the launch up to Belle Grove ponds.

Me and the wife went last week and were skunked. Didn't troll for any stripers but fished the ponds with various lures to no avail and on the way out couldn't even catch a cat when anchoring up and fishing with nightcrawlers in the main river. Might have been just a bad day and things could have changed.

I was a little surprised at not getting any cats in the river as last year I would usually have at least one hit my gulp swimming mullet every trip up the river from the launch. Thought we would do well anchoring and fishing but nothing.

Comment

Yep. I had some consistency with the cats last year so I was figuring it would be turned on by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur View Post
        Yep. I had some consistency with the cats last year so I was figuring it would be turned on by now.
        Didn't we fish together there last year? You were catching the cats on worms on a bottom rig pretty consistently in the main river on the way back if I remember right. It's what gave me the idea to take the bottom rigs.

Comment

Yes, that was me. I am looking to get out this Friday and trying to figure out where I want to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur View Post
            Yes, that was me. I am looking to get out this Friday and trying to figure out where I want to try.
            We took a trip down to Marshall Hall the day before the Belle Grove trip. Nice place and you don't have to much of a paddle to get where the fish are. It's a little open there and imagine it could get choppy on a windy day. Didn't have a good day there either but think things would have been much better if I had fished there early morning or in the evening as per some advice from a local kayaker. Did get one nice fat 21" one that made me very interested in catching some more big cats.

Seems to be a hot spot for the people that like catfishing and there are quite a few threads on it here. Look for the March M&G thread and they even have maps of where to fish. Only about an hour away if the traffic is good.

Comment

Working...
            X