checking the reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking the reports

from chesapeake beach and the only action around seems to be coming from eastern bay. going to launch from claireborne landing saturday and see if any thing is happening. free launch for car toppers, nice ramp with plenty of parking.

I would join you, but I will be crabbing in the morning on Saturday....

Comment

If the fish wont go to you, go to the fish. Diving in OC this weekend for a little spearfishing jaunt.

Comment

yeah you gotta do what you gotta do, good luck spear fishing doug, im going to try crabbing on sunday i heard of some jumbos around JGP

Comment

if any one wants to check it out let me know, heading over around 0430

Comment

Spearfishing heaven on the Queen. 50 foot visibility, we got tog, flounder, bass, 15 lbs of mussles and 1 lobster. Unheard of diving conditions in OC.

Comment

There are plenty of places to fish around here and many techniques to try.

I took my power boat out from Sandy Pt yesterday for three hours of jigging the bay bridge pilings. I worked several pilings on the eastern side of the channel, caught 4 rockfish, and kept a 19" fish for dinner. Although I have fished the bay for many year, I never jigged up a keeper rock at the bridge before. The water was slick calm such that I could sit next to a piling and not be banged into it.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

^nice job.

i think it really takes a certain technique to jig the pillions, at least anything of size, considering ive jigged one for an hour with nothing to show, then liveline a spot and instantly hook up. still working on it though, as well as open water jiggin.
                sigpic

Comment

very cool doug, any pics?

AJ u are 1 of a few that caught fish at the bridge a lot of boaters got the skunk there this weekend. last year it was red hot LL there, hard to find a little spot right now so a good jig will have to do

found plenty of HHs, pearch and small rock and blues in 20-25' of water sunday morning at claibourne couple real nice ones too

Comment

Working...
                  X