Newbie intro -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie intro -

I still can't figure out why I didn't find this great forum a few months ago - ?
    I've been looking to meet some local freshwater kayak fishermen and this seems like the place to start.

Got a Jackson Coosa this spring and have had it out a few times - including gettting skunked today at Wye Mills Lake. Would really like to get out with some of you guys and catch some fish. I live in Glen Arm and have a pretty flexible schedule.

I haven't fished rivers yet but have been thinking about taking a class with Jeff Little before getting into something over my comfort level.
    Has anyone taken one of his classes? Anyone interested in taking a class?

Look forward to fishing with you!

Welcome Hooked. I like you didnt know about this. Lots of good people here. You will enjoy it. Hope we can make it out some time.
    Malibu Stealth 14
    Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Welcome. I've never taken classes however education is power
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I did a trip with Jeff Little. It was during a serious drought, so the class part was greatly abbreviated because there wasn't much current to practice in. He found us a few spots, though, and what he taught was really useful. The smallies didn't cooperate because the water was so low, but we got a couple 14-inchers and some smaller fish. He taught us some good smallmouth tactics, and the lures he gives you for the trip are pretty sweet, too. I would definitely recommend going out with him.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Jeff Little Rocks!

I've never taken one of his classes, but heard him speak at Bass Pro a couple years ago. That guy knows what he's talking about and seems like a truely nice person. On his website he is selling a wonderful DVD series on fishing for river smallmouth. blueridgekayakfishing.com Right now he's working on a DVD on lake/reservoir kayak fishing.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

How do you like the Jackson Coosa? I saw a write up on them several months ago and they look like perfect river fishing yaks and very stable. I love the seat on them.

Comment

Welcome. Thanks for joining.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I just checked Jeff's website and he's not doing any lessons or trips this year! I know he's working on a reservoir DVD from his posts on Kayak Bass Fishing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                  Welcome to the site.

How do you like the Jackson Coosa? I saw a write up on them several months ago and they look like perfect river fishing yaks and very stable. I love the seat on them.
                  I haven't had it out on a river yet - so far only Dundee Creek and Wye Mills lake. It's very maneuverable, pretty stable but not very fast. It could also be my paddling technique. I've stood in it a few times but haven't gotten real steady standing and fishing yet.

The seat is real comfortable and it's set up pretty nice for fishing. Anytime you want to check it out for a paddle let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                    I've never taken one of his classes, but heard him speak at Bass Pro a couple years ago. That guy knows what he's talking about and seems like a truely nice person. On his website he is selling a wonderful DVD series on fishing for river smallmouth. blueridgekayakfishing.com Right now he's working on a DVD on lake/reservoir kayak fishing.

I bought his River Kayak Fishing Skills DVD - really good stuff.

Comment

Welcome !!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Probably see you at the M&G on July 9.

Comment

Welcome, I started my maiden voyage of kayak fishing at Wye Lake myself, now I'm torn between fresh water and salt water fishing. next time you are going to hit the lake or surrounding area post it and maybe I will be able to join you.
                          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Working...
                          X