Cigars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigars

one of things I enjoy while fishing is a good cigar (and the wife frowns on them around the house). I'm getting ready to put in another order and looking to try some new cigars. I normally smoke a Perdomo Lot 23 or a Nub by Olivia and try to get medium strength. I'm interested in hearing what others have enjoyed while on the water to help guide me. I think there are more cigar brands than there are fishing lures and it's hard to wade thru all the fluff to find good ones.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I don't smoke but I imagine the money you save on bug spray will fund a couple of premium cigars!

Hope you find some good ones.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Romeo & Juliets all day!
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

I like Rocky Patels myself. They have a good robust flavor without being too strong.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

It has been awhile, but I used to like Padron 1964's.
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

In 2000, I had some work in Villahermosa, Mexico. On an off day, several of us hired a guide to take us to see the ancient Palenque ruins in the Yucatan jungle. On the way we stopped at an outdoor market where I foolishly bought three cigars from some local residents. I returned to Houston a few days later and gave two of the cigars away and kept one. I smoked it that evening and experienced sensations far beyond mere tobacco -- it was unpleasant for me. The other guys had bad reactions too. After that I swore off all cigars.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That is why I stick to medium, full strength can make you fall out of the kayak.
              Bunnielab, I've heard good things about the Rocky Patels and thanks for reminding me about them.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I prefer med to full bodied cigars. Anyone who fishes with me knows that I almost always have one while out on the water. I'm convinced that it can sometimes be the "skunk breaker".

In my poor man's humidor, I have Oliva, Alex Bradley Black Market, and a few others. Lately one of my favorites has been Punch Bareknuckle. While at J-Bay, Jimbo treated me to a stick one evening. That was a really nice cigar...definitely not an everyday smoke.

Comment

When I quit smoking cigarettes, I started smoking Dutch Masters Honey sports ......... They were mild, had a great flavor and could inhale them and they were cheap. Even my neighbor liken the aroma. Now I've quit smoking completely

Comment

My favorite medium bodied cigar is the Por Larranaga. Either Robusto or Torpedo.

My favorite full bodied cigar is the Iluzione MJ12. Its a double Maduro, dark as night yet super smooth with a nutty finish. Awesome Smoke. At $12 its not an everyday ceegar.

Comment

One of my favorites is the CI Legends Copper label. It's a Drew Estate blend only found at Cigars International. Also the Drew Estate Java mint... If I can only get my hookah on my outback.....
                      '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X