Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Public Water Access Point: West Side of Downs Park onto the Bodkin

Hi all,

The FIRST public water access point onto the Bodkin in Anne Arundel County is OPEN! The Department of Recreation and Parks converted a waterside picnic spot on Locust Cove on the WEST side of Downs Park into a kayak launch. Bodkin Creek is in Pasadena, MD, south of Rock Creek and north of the Magothy. You could spend days exploring the nooks and crannies of the Bodkin.

HowTo and photos on the Anne Arundel Public Water Access Committee Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/aapwac/posts/985367404853308

I launched out of the west of Downs last Saturday. It's ~ the same carry as Homeport but mercifully flat and mostly paved. Wheels are handy. The shoreline put-in is muddy and that may be a problem for heavy yaks. Go "straight" out into Locust Cove instead of into the little side cove and the bottom is firmer. You have to pay the Downs Park admission fee, cash or check only.

There is already a kayak launch on the east side of Downs right onto the Bay. The east side is exposed and so the west side offers a good sheltered alternative for those who don't want the excitement of the open Bay. The park gate staff may be confused a bit as to which side of the park you want.

BTW, if you're 60+ you can buy a lifetime Anne Arundel County park pass for $20 that covers Downs, Quiet Waters, Fort Smallwood and Kinder Farm parks. The price is almost certainly going back up to $40 in the new budget

See you on the water.

Lisa

As always Lisa thanks for the information.

Harry

Comment

You're welcome, and thank to the support and genuine welcome I've found here.

I like Snaggedline because it's good humored. People are kind to each other and generously share their knowledge and time.
      It doesn't have the flamewars I've found elsewhere on (non-fishing) websites.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X