Just picked this thing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked this thing up

I stumbled on this, on one of the many forums I whore around on. I figured I'd give it a try, if I can find the time to hit the water....
    It's a combo, club/filet knife/sharpener.
    IMG_3766.jpg

It has a safety lock on both the knife, and on both sides of the handle. Along with "spoon" or "scoop", I don't really know what that is for
    IMG_3767.jpg

It also has a built in sharpener.
    IMG_3768.jpg

Best feature, it floats!
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
    Along with "spoon" or "scoop", I don't really know what that is for
    According to the product website "on the back of the knife there is a cleaning spoon, designed for scraping out the spine blood and other fish bits."
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I did see that, however, I don't think I've ever had to scrape out anything. I could be doing something wrong though, and I wouldn't doubt that I am...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Please post the buying info ......... I think others would be interested in buying

Comment

Sure, http://www.hellokombo.com

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Not to bad for 30 bucks. I guess..

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

This is neat! I like it. Have you tested the floating of the unit separated from one another? Just a curiosity...Chive on dude!
              Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
              2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
              2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
              2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Thank!! I haven't, but I will when I get a chance.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

After further review.. the knife alone floats like a rock, good thing thats where the lanyard will be! lol.
                  IMG_3773.jpg

some of the other forums asked about the length, so I figured i'd post here as well. The blade is just under 7", the entire thing is about 14" in length.
                  '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
                    After further review.. the knife alone floats like a rock, good thing thats where the lanyard will be! lol.
                    I'm glad I considered that possibility, now anyone that stumbles across this thread will know for themselves...a good blade does no favors on the bottom of the bay! Thanks for checking on that for us! Looks like a neat product worth chuckin in the kayak, with a leash for sure!
                    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
                    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
                    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
                    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Agreed!

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X