Ft Armistead on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft Armistead on Sunday

Hit the water about 6:30 water temp. 74.5 tide was running till 11:00. We worked the rocks west around the point the bigger perch where there just not many. After that we went around the back side of ALCOA 8 to 12' of water that's where the big schools where 30+ perch average size about 7". The ice jig and red and white rooster tail with spinner did the best. And I had some gest. DSCN0427.jpg DSCN0426.jpg two cownose rays.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Nice man. Do you eat the perch outta there? I know a place to get some big ones....at least they were there a few summers ago. Let me know if you want to get out. I'd like to go for some perch, it's been awhile since I went after them.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

No I don't keep them nobody in the house likes them so I just have fun with them.
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice! I've been known to keep a few perch (even from the ptaps), in my day. There have been pretty nice ones in several spots around there past few summers
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

when i was a younger man i filled the boat with perch from the sunken ships in curtis creek one morning . while i was fishing two guys that were crabbing came over to ask if i was catching anything . they looked in the bottom of my jon boat and said holy crap you aint gonna eat any fish from this water are you !!!! i have wondered ever since if they ever ate the half bushel of crabs they had in their boat . lol
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

I had a pretty good time out there this morning. Caught a couple doz perch, though only 5 were over 10", with one at 12". Also caught some baby stripers and a white catfish.

20150612_064140 - Copy.jpg20150612_065433.jpg
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
            X