No announcement yet.

Whats with the Hawg Trough??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only fished one tournament, but I've used the Hawg Trough a lot while calibrating my eyes to what length a fish is. Now I can pretty well judge them with out using the trough.

I use it every time a fish might go on the stringer though.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

i agree i wish it was more heavy duty. my white one has yellowed severely and seems pretty brittle right now.
      sigpic

Comment

Mine is currently cracked and im afraid the next fish I lay across it will be its last. Whats the width on those dowels you guys use to reinforce it?
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I'm so glad I had mine for this monster.

Comment

I use a Plano bump board, although I also rarely measure fish. The ones I really want to measure are the ones over 40", but there's not a convenient bump board that doesn't take up a lot of space that goes that large that I've found. Otherwise, I just want to know if they are legal to keep, so it stays in the "small" shape most of the time.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
              Mine is currently cracked and im afraid the next fish I lay across it will be its last. Whats the width on those dowels you guys use to reinforce it?
              Romo: 3/8"

Comment

I used a sharpie and made 1" marks on the port gunnel of my Outback. Like others have said, I only use it if I plan to keep a fish and it is close to the legal limit.

Comment

Working...
                X