Sit-in rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit-in rig

I'd like to do some modifications to my kayak for better organization and fishabililty but I'm not sure what to do. What do your sit-in kayaks look like? I need some ideas!

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

I have a small sit inside with a few ideas for rigging. First up is a "dashboard" for mounting a fishfinder. I used cheap walmart plastic cutting board as a base. I mounted the fishfinder screen to this, with a hole for the cables. I then bolt this to the forward point of the kayak opening. Use a bungee or two to keep it in place. Makes it easily removable. It is big enough to mount some rod holders for bottom fishing, but I have not gotten to that yet. I suppose you could add various tool holders too if the dashboard is within reach. Other than that, usual rod holder mounted to the kayak and behind the seat and a milk crate I can bungee to the back for storage for longer trips.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

sell it and get a sit on top --- that is the best advice anyone can give you

Comment

Lol this guy. I have a sit in and love it more than sit on.
        -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I used to fish a 9.5' sit in and actually really liked it. I made a "dashboard" of sorts as well that clamped onto the lip that would typically hold a spray skirt. Mine was made from a scrap piece of mahogany I had laying around. I mounted a fish finder in the middle, a rod holder out either side. I also bought a suction cup tool caddy from West Marine, removed the suction cups, and screwed it to the edge of the dashboard so that it hung between my knees. It was very important for keeping unused lures from hooking the paddler. The setup worked out really well and was strong enough to troll with.
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
          X