Has anyone ever used these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever used these?

One of my buddies gave me these a LOONG time ago. their Roland Martin bass lures. I just found them in my garage, and figured what the hell, why not??
    IMG_0199.jpg
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Nope. Looks like it's supposed to be a salamander type thing...might work in freshwater for bass?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Great bluefish fodder when they're in a feeding frenzy.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I bought a set of those Helicopter lures at a yard sale a decade ago. I could not even get the bluefish to bite them -- maybe as Mark says, when they are in full feeding frenzy mode.

They definitely caught fishermen, however.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          I bought a set of those Helicopter lures at a yard sale a decade ago. I could not even get the bluefish to bite them -- maybe as Mark says, when they are in full feeding frenzy mode.

They definitely caught fishermen, however.
          I'm glad I'm not the only one that got duped into helicopter lures... I've never had any real success with them unfortunately, but they sure are fun to watch spin across the top of the water after you've been drinkin'
          - Justin
          2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
          2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Working...
          X