Potomac river fresh water tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac river fresh water tips

Hitting the Potomac with my fleet of anglers tomorrow .. Brothers and dad.. Haven't done any fresh water this year and now that it's post spawn was looking for any advice . I got the normal divers, crank baits, etc.. But looking for alternatives incase it's slow. Gonna drift the shorelines standing up for some snakeheads too if I can
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Active baits are great, if they are feeding heavily. Its its slow, Jig and pig, plastic worm, wacky rig and a fluke might be the ticket.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Where are you hitting? If upper, you'll get a ton of catfish action on anything but cut bait, shrimps, worms work fairly well as well as plastic grubs on jigs. Use cut menhaden or other like catfish filets to go after bass which hit in specific holes at specific times.
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
        Hitting the Potomac with my fleet of anglers tomorrow .. Brothers and dad.. Haven't done any fresh water this year and now that it's post spawn was looking for any advice . I got the normal divers, crank baits, etc.. But looking for alternatives incase it's slow. Gonna drift the shorelines standing up for some snakeheads too if I can
        somewhere down on the Tidal Potomac I assume, swim jigs, I use a baby paca craw as a trailer but you can also use a small paddle tail, swim it through any beds of hydrilla or milfoil you can find, you can also kill it on the retrieve and let it dive into any holes in the grass
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Tubes, gulp minnows, and wacky rigged senkos.
          Zack
          Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
          Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
          "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

why don't you all come to the meet and greet tmrw?
            Michael
            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
            Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Where at in brunswick are we meeting? im sure my crew would love to come.
              Zach Bennett
              Linthicum MD
              2014 Hobie Outback
              Instagram: YakinZak
              Youtube: YakinZak
              Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Brunswick Boat Ramp (40 Canal Towpath East, Brunswick, MD 21716)
                http://webapps02.dnr.state.md.us/MDP...PKintKeyID=152
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

More the merrier this will be my first time fishing the Potomac on a kayak. Im looking forward to it! Everyone is meeting at the Brunswick ramp by 7 am!
                  Michael
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                  Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Working...
                  X