Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy + snaggedline gear question

Hello all!

My name is Scott, and I'm new here to snaggedline, and new to kayak fishing. I've been on here for a few months now, just basically reading posts and soaking up all the info I can. I grew up fly fishing for bass and kayaking here in southern Maryland, and it wasn't until recently that I decided to put the two together. About a month or so ago I bought a 2015 Hobie Outback from Backyard Boats as a college graduation present to myself, and so far its been an incredible experience fishing from it! My first trip out I landed a few schoolie stripers, and I've been hooked ever since. There's nothing like fishing from a yak

I've reached out to a few other snaggedliners in my area, and they've been so nice and helpful. The experienced guys on here make this site the awesome place it is, and I'm so greatful to be able to pick their brains and learn from their experience. Thank you to all of you! Without your knowledge I certainly wouldn't be having so much fun and success fishing from my yak. I also bought Alan's book, and read it cover to cover several times over. So much good information in there!

So anyway, I just kinda wanted to get on here and say hi to everyone. I've been on here for months, but have never actually posted anything.

I've also been wondering, where can I get snaggedline gear like shirts and stuff like that?

And again, thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge. It's been so helpful, and the people on this forum have been nothing but helpful, kind, and polite. You guys are awesome, and a breath of fresh air.

Keep those lines tight guys!

- Scott
    2015 Hobie Outback

Scott,

Congratulations on your degree, your Outback, fly fishing from it and becoming a vocal member of the forum.

I can't help you with your Snaggedline gear question but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to Snaggedline.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

welcome and we're working on getting stuff made, so will be posted when available
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard Scott! This fishing forum is like no other, you will continue to meet wonderful members with open arms
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Thank you fellas!
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome, where in southern Maryland do you live? I'm in Waldorf, maybe we can meet up and fish sometime. I usually go up to the Annapolis area but I want to make some trips farther down south this year.
            Travis
            Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
            Orange Old Town NEXT
            USN

Comment

Welcome :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

I've had the pleasure of fishing with Scott and he is a great guy to be on the water with. Most important, he showed up on time for our 6AM launch . Hope to fish again soon.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Hey Travis!

I'm in southern maryland, in the Lexington Park area. And yes sir, I'd love to go fishing anytime! Just let me know, and I'll be there!
                  2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks Mike! I have to say, you introduced me to Gulp, and wow. Its changed fishing for me! I'm just getting familiar with using soft plastics and jigging, and I quickly learned that croaker can't resist Gulp!
                    So thank you for that!
                    And yessir, anytime you're free I'd love to go out again! That was good fun!
                    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                    X