Anyone up for SPSP, 6/18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for SPSP, 6/18?

The weather and marine forecast looks good for Saturday morning, calm and sunny. I haven't fished out of SPSP in a while, was thinking launching @ 6am when they open, try for some spot/croaker nearby or maybe paddle out to the bay bridge west rock pile and cast around structure for stripers.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

mite fish a few hrs tmr at spsp, should be there by sunrise

Comment

heading over to claiborne landing, charter capt. say the fishing is good there. and free launch, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
        mite fish a few hrs tmr at spsp, should be there by sunrise
        Alright, i'll be setting up at the boat ramps. I'll usually stay out until noonish if launching @ sunrise.
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          heading over to claiborne landing, charter capt. say the fishing is good there. and free launch, good luck
          I'm not familiar with that, is that near SPSP?
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

its on the back side of eastern bay across from bloody point. its a little farther past st michaels been studing the charts for the area and it has some very good drops and shelves.
            Last edited by surfdog; 06-17-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I'm still waiting on better spot reports from the SPSP area before i head to the bridge. I'm finishing up my gogo gadget live well now so any positive reports from that area will be great. Good luck to you and may your Yak be filled with fish slime.

I planing to hit Solomons for a recon trip on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Yeah, I'm waiting for the spot to come in too.

Surfdog, why don't you just go down to Romancoke and hit the water from there? Or is it still too far on the water toward Clairborne? Just curious.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Didn't catch anything, not even a bite in about 5 hours. The water was very calm, nice weather, but the fish weren't biting. We first went parallel to the spsp beach out to about 30+ ft of water, drifted all the way past the lighthouse and didn't have any luck. Afterwards we fished around the lighthouse a little, nothing, then went to the bay bridge rock pile and pilings, ...nothing. Oh I did see a freshwater catfish swimming near the surface on the way back though...wtf... I think I might have to only fish further south from now on. It seems the further I go south, the better the fishing is.
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
                    Didn't catch anything, not even a bite in about 5 hours. The water was very calm, nice weather, but the fish weren't biting. We first went parallel to the spsp beach out to about 30+ ft of water, drifted all the way past the lighthouse and didn't have any luck. Afterwards we fished around the lighthouse a little, nothing, then went to the bay bridge rock pile and pilings, ...nothing. Oh I did see a freshwater catfish swimming near the surface on the way back though...wtf... I think I might have to only fish further south from now on. It seems the further I go south, the better the fishing is.
                    I went straight out to the rock pile, stayed there about 1/2 hr. or so and fished the pilings on my way back in. Not a bite. Caught several small perch at the mouth of the creek. Nice meeting you this a.m.
                    Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Originally posted by Redyak View Post
                      I went straight out to the rock pile, stayed there about 1/2 hr. or so and fished the pilings on my way back in. Not a bite. Caught several small perch at the mouth of the creek. Nice meeting you this a.m.
                      Ah ok...I was wondering where you were at. We did run into some other random guy with a red kayak, thought it was you at first but it wasn't.
                      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Yeah, I'm waiting for the spot to come in too.

Surfdog, why don't you just go down to Romancoke and hit the water from there? Or is it still too far on the water toward Clairborne? Just curious.
                        didnt make it on sat. went to the severn instead, nothing but wps. went to Claiborne today with moc and found some real nice hardheads in 20+ feet of water also some wps small rock, baby blues and some mid size spot a little big for LLing chunking would be better. wasted too much time fishing the riprap should have went straight for the deeper water out front of the ramp by the clam buoys

yeah its a long way from the backside of KI to the tip of tilghman island a lot of open water and today it was kinda choppy we had to be a mile out atleast and drifting quickly.

Comment

Working...
                        X