Reservoir police / DNR are out in force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservoir police / DNR are out in force

When you are out in your Yak in some back cove (Liberty/ Prettyboy/ Loch) and a very threatening gas powered boat comes flying up to you...you know it's not a friendly fisherman. I was on Liberty on Sat... Caught nothing (and no one else did either even though the grass is coming in very nicely.)- First approached by Watershed Police...checked life jacket/ boat sticker/ and fishing license. Then the DNR or some other agency (all heavily armed with weapons/ multiple personel etc...)- checked me out and checked all my documents). Saw a few boaters going back in after being checked...and one young man in a yak/ playboat--- the thing was only about 5 feet long and obviously illegal on the reservoir. The unmarked all black SUV officer waiting in the parking lot got him.
    -So- have your license in a viewable area- registered stickers for the reservoir a must- life vest on...and they will be very polite and leave you alone... I though the one guy was going to ask for 'permission to board my vessel'...just joking. But they mean business...

Perhaps the extra attention was due to law enforcement agencies being on heightened alert for the Holiday weekend.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

They've been doing that for a while. I've encountered it multiple times at Lochraven. Most often they are there to keep people from swimming and check fishing licenses.

Comment

Working...
      X