Mattawoman Action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
    That creek is a straight shot across the river from where I'd like to put in for that area..just haven't figured out the rules or stipulations of that spot..I found the put-in on google images, I've been jotting down addresses with intent to check them all out when I return home in early September.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16469[/ATTACH]
    You might consider driving over. From that launch point in VA its 3 miles to the MD side. Then Mattingly Park (ie. "Slavins"), is another 3 miles up the creek. Mattingly Park, Indian Head, MD is a free ramp. And if the bite is off you can always hit Marshall Hall or Wharf Road on you way back... both of these are also free.

Of course you don't have to go all the way up to Mattingly Park. There are several wrecks along the southern shore, right before the docks at Smallwood SP, just after you enter the creek. And you'll see SAV everywhere.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Thank you all for the input and info. In light of the perceived slow bass action, I decided to fish the Magothy near my home instead (report in other forum). Once again, I keep learning from the people on this site--Al

Comment

Working...
      X