Launch areas near Annapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch areas near Annapolis

I have recently received a few inquiries from new kayakers or folks who live away from Annapolis about where they can launch a kayak or other small craft in the area. Last fall I made a map showing three primary locations -- Jonas Green park, Truxton park, and the Tucker St. ramp into Weems Creek.

There are also launch facilities at Sandy Point State Park and at a City of Annapolis Back Creek Nature Park located at 7314 Edgewood Road (Hillsmere area). Several private marinas allow launching for a fee (Smith's marina at 529 Ridgely Rd in Crownsville and LJ marina at 451 Forest Beach Rd in the Mill Creek area). There may be others.

There are several streets in downtown Annapolis and in Eastport that dead-end at the water. If you are able to find legal parking nearby, you can slide a kayak over a small bulkhead and get water access that way. Another option is to find a friend who lives in a water-privileged community.

Wherever you go, please park legally and be considerate of local residents.
    Attached Files
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Beverly Beach Park, it is on the Anne Arundel County web site under Recreation and Parks. At Sandy Point most folks launch at the boat ramps.

Comment

Working...
    X