No announcement yet.

Susquehanna Flats -- BEST DAY EVER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been targeting snakeheads in Potomac this summer. If I were to compare my catch ratio between bass and snakeheads: I catch 6 bass to 1 snakehead. And this is when I try not to catch any bass. So I do not buy the argument of "bass suffering" at all. Bass are actually thriving in the Potomac. So do the Catfish. As far as the "Adrenalin of catching and fighting"; snakeheads are just as good as Large mouth bass, if not better. They will blow up on the topwater surface, like there is no tomorrow. They will bite at any time of the day, not like sunrise and sunset with bass.
    “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      I thought the Bay's salinity was a barrier to them. If it isn't or if they adapt to higher salinity than expected, they'll become surprise catches in more Chesapeake tribs.
      I don't think salinity (at least not the levels we see in the bay) affects them too much. It isn't a coincidence in my mind that they have taken hold in some of the eastern shore areas directly across from the mouth of the Potomac.
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
      X