Del/Mar/Va lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del/Mar/Va lakes

any lakes you guys have paddled that seem promising for good times?

ones with a camp site could be interesting for a weekend trip.

i'm specifically interested in Northern Virginia lakes (no camp required, any info?
    sigpic

My father routinely paddles between Bull Run Marina and Fountainhead on the Occoquan reservoir. I grew up fishing that area as a kid. It gets a lot of traffic sometimes on weekends, and there are crew teams to dodge at times. He hasn't been catching any big bass lately, but he caught several in the 20"+ range a few years ago, with one running almost as wide has his Tarpon seat. I've seen some big pickerel toward the Centerville end, but there's a gun club that way, which isn't the most relaxing atmosphere to fish in. There used to be decent catfishing in both Bull Run and Fountainhead, but I haven't tried that in years.

I don't know if you're allowed to launch in Lake Manassas anymore, but the bass fishing there was pretty good when I was a kid.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Try this guide:

http://pecva.org/anx/index.cfm/1,326...ng-and-Fishing

Beaverdam Reservoir holds some nice bass.

Comment

Were you looking for a Lake specifically or just a calm place to fish? If you are just looking for places to fish and launch easily then Pohick Bay and Leesylvania Parks both offer camping and at Leesylvania you can camp right next to the launch.
        www.anglerswithoutborders.com
        Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Lake Manassas is still closed to the public which is a shame. I know there are legal cases floating around tying to open up public access again.

Burke lake is a nice little lake but it gets allot of fishing pressure. Fountainhead park is a nice spot to launch and i think they have camping spots but they are not on the shore line as far as i know.

Lake Brittle is a nice little lake but its a little further out on rt29.

Comment

Working...
          X